Turkey Talk for 2014

I did talk to someone about a week ago and he said that my chicks would be here thursday or friday. I don't know if they are lost in the mail. I never did get a tracking number. Just odd that it would be so hard to talk to someone. It just sends you to voicemail. I left 3 phone messages and a e-mail but no reply. My credit card was charged over a month ago. Maybe they didn't have a good hatch. We all know how that goes! Maybe they will come next week. I hate the thought that they could be lost in the mail! I just hope I don't get a box of dead turkey poults!

Yes, that is pretty discouraging to get a box of dead poults, happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Shipped on a Wed. and Sat. still not here; no tracking update. Arrived Monday, 1 barely alive but didn't make it. Total loss. The shipment was insured, and sender filed the claim, but that doesn't make up for that bleah feeling and the poor babies, what a bad way to go.

Yes, that is pretty discouraging to get a box of dead poults, happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Shipped on a Wed. and Sat. still not here; no tracking update. Arrived Monday, 1 barely alive but didn't make it. Total loss. The shipment was insured, and sender filed the claim, but that doesn't make up for that bleah feeling and the poor babies, what a bad way to go.

I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
That is heart breaking!

I bought a royal palm tom, narragansett tom, narragansett hen, and 3 royal palm hens from a breeder. They dont have tails yet vut they are starting to grow back. The toms still strut a lot and gobble almost every time you make a noise. The hens layed good but then stopped when it got so hot.

I did talk to someone about a week ago and he said that my chicks would be here thursday or friday. I don't know if they are lost in the mail. I never did get a tracking number. Just odd that it would be so hard to talk to someone. It just sends you to voicemail. I left 3 phone messages and a e-mail but no reply. My credit card was charged over a month ago. Maybe they didn't have a good hatch. We all know how that goes! Maybe they will come next week. I hate the thought that they could be lost in the mail! I just hope I don't get a box of dead turkey poults!

Well, I did talk to someone yesterday! I found a current facebook page where I could send messages. He was very nice. They shipped my poults tuesday and they came today. I ordered the min. of 10 Bourbon red. They only had 7 and sent 3 of a different breed. They credited the 3 so they where free. Two of the ten where dead and rotten!!! I have never seen anything like it!!! It was so gross! There should be no way a poult should have gutts and hide all the way up the side of the box!!! After looking at the pictures I took closely. I think the pore thang was the last one put in the box before it got sealed and taped. The lid must have caught the chicks hide. What a awful way to die. The smell coming from the box almost made me hurl!

Last edited:
Well, I did talk to someone yesterday! I found a current facebook page where I could send messages. He was very nice. They shipped my poults tuesday and they came today. I ordered the min. of 10 Bourbon red. They only had 7 and sent 3 of a different breed. They credited the 3 so they where free. Two of the ten where dead and rotten!!! I have never seen anything like it!!! It was so gross!

Glad you got them, too bad about the dead ones. 10 is really not enough to ship to keep themselves warm unless they were sent with a heat pack. I ship 15 minimum for that reason.

Glad you got them, too bad about the dead ones. 10 is really not enough to ship to keep themselves warm unless they were sent with a heat pack. I ship 15 minimum for that reason.

I didn't see a heat pack! I should check again but the smell coming from the box was so bad!
sickbyc.gif
I dont want to go back out to the garbage! I will have to burn the box because the garbage man won't pick our garbage up smelling like that!

They only came from two states away. I had chicks ship from florida and they where in much better condition. Update! I wondered if many would make it! With two dead and rotten in the box and the rest in such bad condition. Within a couple days three more died. I will not be buying chicks from them ever again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom