Turkey Talk for 2014

I am guessing it is a Broad Breasted White. Mine dressed out at 37 plus pounds.
big_smile.png
I think I processed him at 24 weeks.

OH I had no Idea he would get so big as my geese only dress out at max 20Lbs at several years .

He was hung on a pig scale to do the deed, and his live weight was 47.8 The 37 was without any of the icky stuff put back in.
lol.png
I made the guy helping very happy. He eats the heart and stuff. I don't even look at it. He was happy to have that stuff!

So I am a bit disappointed with my Porters order. As time goes on & I look at my birds I am not sure I was sent what I ordered, or what these guys were marked as. I realize there was a disclaimer about ordering Penciled Blue Palm that some may be regular penciled, but out of 7, I don't think I have any blue penciled. One is all white which Porter said may be a red penciled. For me, to have 7 and none be the right color is really unacceptable. I would understand if half came out the regular color but ALL of them? On top of that, the only chocolate penciled I had that had any chocolate on it didn't make it, the others are all white. So again I am wondering whether the poults were marked incorrectly or if it is just a huge variance in color, which I know is possible. Of course, there are no photos for reference of penciled blue or penciled chocolate poults on Porters website. Very frustrating. Does anyone happen to have photos of any of these color varieties as poults? I would be super grateful if I could take a look at them.

At least my Silver Auburn, Blacks & Blue Red Bronze are correct.

Here's a link to Porters Penciled Blue Palms

Help!!! Has anyone ever heard of AV bird hatchery in California? I ordered turkey poults from them but never recieved them. I had seen on byc one person had said to try them for turkeys. I was told my turkeys would be here by today. I have left e-mail and phone messages. I cant get through to anyone or get anyone to call. I don't know if they got lost in the mail.

Last edited:
Help!!! Has anyone ever heard of AV bird hatchery in California? I ordered turkey poults from them but never recieved them. I had seen on byc one person had said to try them for turkeys. I was told my turkeys would be here by today. I have left e-mail and phone messages. I cant get through to anyone or get anyone to call. I don't know if they got lost in the mail.

I see several reviews of Yelp, and although old, the place seems to be legitimate. They should have sent you a tracking number when they shipped them, did you get a tracking number?

I see several reviews of Yelp, and although old, the place seems to be legitimate. They should have sent you a tracking number when they shipped them, did you get a tracking number?

I did talk to someone about a week ago and he said that my chicks would be here thursday or friday. I don't know if they are lost in the mail. I never did get a tracking number. Just odd that it would be so hard to talk to someone. It just sends you to voicemail. I left 3 phone messages and a e-mail but no reply. My credit card was charged over a month ago. Maybe they didn't have a good hatch. We all know how that goes! Maybe they will come next week. I hate the thought that they could be lost in the mail! I just hope I don't get a box of dead turkey poults!

Last edited:
Try calling your local postal master. At the post office there supposed to be dilivered two. Before they close for the weekend.

Try calling your local postal master. At the post office there supposed to be dilivered two. Before they close for the weekend.

I will call in the morning. They are open for a little while on saturday. Nothing like the small town post office. She has my number on hand at all times. So she can call me when my birds or eggs come in! lol

Back
Top Bottom