Twin Pictures (Micky)

Here's hoping they both make it!
pop.gif
...subscribes to thread...

If you and your vet are on the same page, don't listen to the naysayers! I honestly believe your instinct and intuition is more important than anything else when it comes to these things. Same thing goes for if you end up needing to help them out a little at the end. Good luck! Fingers crossed!

Thank you for that.. My vet who is also a good friend of mine since school hatches ducks so shes as excited as i am lol...
big_smile.png

Hi Tracy,Good luck on yours!
wee.gif
So happy to hear they have a sufficient air pocket as this will help them at the end very much. Did your vet have any suggestions on humidity, temp , helping them out a day early or lockdown? I would be very interested in any information that the vet could provide as no avian vets in my area. I am on day 17 now and can only see shadows moving. If I candle at the large end I have very little of an air pocket. The whole egg is dark except for about 1/3 of the side of the egg that is heart shaped, I am assuming where the yolks are. If I candle at the small end I see nothing. If I candle at the side, the embryo's will sometimes move and darken the lighter heart shaped area. Very hard to be patient, after this one, I do not think I will be so anxious for the single embryos.

If you and your vet are on the same page, don't listen to the naysayers! I honestly believe your instinct and intuition is more important than anything else when it comes to these things. Same thing goes for if you end up needing to help them out a little at the end. Good luck! Fingers crossed!

I agree. How exciting!!

OMG, my friend the vet came round and wanted to candle the egg to see it again, she decided to candle them all and what a shock we got when we found 3 eggs with twins in!. Now the father of all these eggs is a silver laced wynadott 22 weeks of age. The mothers are 2 barred rocks and 1 white star. They are all 25 weeks! Does anyone think its there young age or is it ralph the cockeral? Losing one set of twins is hard but 3 is even harder. I wish there was only 1 in each. Theres 2 more with only a baby in each phew!

Back
Top Bottom