Twisted Leg On Turkey

Aw-Ee Chicken

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2015
Crivitz, Wisconsin
I have a 7-week old turkey that has been so healthy and chirpy. But when I let her outside with her mother and when I left to clean their water dish, I came back to a twisted leg. It's turned from the thigh, and the foot is turned completely around. She puts weight on it, but doesn't use it much.
sad.png
And she isn't as happy as she used to be. She eats and only gets up if I open the door and talk to her.

Oh, and this happened last Friday. If anyone knows anything of what happened or how to help it, PLEASE notify me right away! Thanks.

I have a 7-week old turkey that has been so healthy and chirpy. But when I let her outside with her mother and when I left to clean their water dish, I came back to a twisted leg. It's turned from the thigh, and the foot is turned completely around. She puts weight on it, but doesn't use it much.
sad.png
And she isn't as happy as she used to be. She eats and only gets up if I open the door and talk to her.

Oh, and this happened last Friday. If anyone knows anything of what happened or how to help it, PLEASE notify me right away! Thanks.

You should get quicker and better help by posting this in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

My guess is that it got its foot caught somewhere and ended up twisting the hip out of place fighting to get its foot free.

Back
Top Bottom