Two ducks have died what's happened!?

Indianrunner123

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
I came home today to find two of my one year old Indian runner ducks dead. This is so unexpected!! They were absolutely fine yesterday. Just like always I put them in last night and I think they all ate their food. They have been kept in their small enclosure so week and so I don't see how anything could poison them. They've just been in a space with a water trough and some grass. Apparently my dad saw one of them acting "drunk" and gave her some vitamin B tonic but that did no good. Last year their father took something like a seizure and his eyes were rolling. He was also underweight so I wormed him and he just seemed to return to normal. Then 1 of his ducklings last year started to take seizures ad I gave it vitamin B tonic which helped. I also had a gosling last year that died after not being able to walk and taking seizures. Although the another gosling just like it has lived a healthy life.

I just don't understand and I'm gutted!! I hatched out three ducks last year and kept them as they were sisters and now I'm left with 1 poor girl on her own!

Can someone please help me! Thank you!!

the ducklings are on a duckling mix from my feed store. None of the meal i get is medicated either. Its also warm weather here at the moment, not really warm just a nice temperature

Sorry I got your post mixed up with another, so ignore the ducklings comment. :rolleyes:

Could their feed of gotten moldy?

Sorry I got your post mixed up with another, so ignore the ducklings comment. :rolleyes:

Could their feed of gotten moldy?[/QUOT
thats ok haha. I actually have to give them fresh feed everynight because they have it all eaten so its ompossible for their food to have gone bad.

I have sent both ducks to a vet who is going to do a post mortum and hopefully find out what happened. Its really strange as the enclosure theyre in has absolutely no dangerous things in it

Back
Top Bottom