Two Great Videos - Building Chicken Coops for Dummies

Hopefully y'all know that "Building Chicken Coops for Dummies " is the official chicken coop book of BYC! I think it is the best book out there for building chicken coops. Of course, I might be a bit biased since I helped write it!
wink.png

We worked hard to take the top question and issues raised in the coops section of the BYC forum and cram them, and a handful of great plans into the book.

Here is a fun promotional video for the book: http://bcove.me/6fgd4sh0

Another
great video can be found here: http://www.growingagreenerworld.com/episode210/

Not
only does the video above have fantastic information about raising backyard chickens, at about the 11:00 minute mark in the video you can see the co-author of the book, Todd Brock, walks through building one of my favorite coop designs in the book, "The Minimal Coop"! I pushed REALLY hard to get a coop design in the book that had the lowest cost, least amount of cuts, and least amount of waste. The results are a super basic coop that costs only about $200 to build (plans found in the book on page 186)!

2_minimal-coop.gif
Thank you for posting this! I’m about getting ready to build my first coop and could really use all the help/insight I can get. I’m having trouble with both links to the videos though. The first link gives an err code and the second says it the page has been removed. Would you mind checking the links and reposting them? It would really help

WOW Rob...imagine my surprise when I checked out t "the minimal coup" and realized that it is very similar to one I build myself!
lau.gif
Yours is a it better though and I might make the modification of having a large door that opens...I opted for a window and it is really hard to get in there to clean it out!
46457_img_0280.jpg

I built mine out of found materials and it only cost actual money for the hardware! Isnt this hobby a blast? Thanks for this great place to share and learn! Terri O
I like it!

Thank you, very interesting thread and video.

My question about the simple coop: where is the chicken door or does one just leave the big door open? 🤔🤔🤔

After rewatching the video, I was wondering...is there a door for the nest boxes, or do you have to crawl inside the coop to gather eggs?

Back
Top Bottom