Two hens won't ceace fighting.

At about 4 weeks into brooding chicks, she may be shifting places with the other hen and fighting it out before she gets ready to "kick out" the little ones. Like stated earlier, you can only keep them separated or let them fight it out. Any breed can fight it out, just some are more stubborn and fights can last longer than others. My guess is that this fight is happening between top hen and someone who thinks that they can over take her. Or the one that is not broody got too close to the broody and had an argument over something.

Best of luck!

Chris,
I'm sure you didn't mean to sound rude.... I believe what Shaun wrote was similar to your post, only shorter. These birds have been bred genetically to promote certain aspects of their personality. And sometimes it will 'turn on' without any sign of provocation from either bird.

It's nice to have members who have a feel for certain breeds... let's just be courteous to each other, okay?
smile.png

Carla

Didn't mean to sound rude....it is just that these are not things that just "turn on" in these animals be they fowl or beast, it is nothing more than survival instinct that has been bred out of most breeds. I guess I was a little tired and irritable when I rote the other response, it just saddens me to see a generalization about these breeds being repeated over and over again. I do wish more people would take the time to understand these breeds instead of being so ready to persecute and legislate them into extinction. Sorry if I offended anyone....

Quote:
That sounds about right thanks! Yesterday we let both of them out and watched them and they didn't get into any fights. Also, the non broody is the aggressor.

Back
Top Bottom