Jul 1, 2022
we have a flock all of them are a little over two months old and we let them out everyday. sometimes they go into our old chickens coop while they're free ranging. we found an egg on the ground in the corner about the size of a quail egg we think one of our pullets layed it she is a cross of an ameraucana and an leghorn. we think its her because she is a few weeks older than everyone else. we also have two ducks. ( a kaki campbell and a buff orpington) ( not bantam) about laying age if the egg was bigger i'd think it was one of them but i don't know if its possible for a duck to lay an egg the size of a quails even if it was a fairy egg. i know two months if not average egg laying time but if its remotely possible please let me know!

we have a flock all of them are a little over two months old and we let them out everyday. sometimes they go into our old chickens coop while they're free ranging. we found an egg on the ground in the corner about the size of a quail egg we think one of our pullets layed it she is a cross of an ameraucana and an leghorn. we think its her because she is a few weeks older than everyone else. we also have two ducks. ( a kaki campbell and a buff orpington) ( not bantam) about laying age if the egg was bigger i'd think it was one of them but i don't know if its possible for a duck to lay an egg the size of a quails even if it was a fairy egg. i know two months if not average egg laying time but if its remotely possible please let me know!
Its way to young for a chicken to lay eggs so thats probably out of the question. Andim not sure if ducks lay small eggs but if they are closer to laying eggs i would probably say it was a duck. But im not sure.

our coop is never open unless we're freeranging them. and we're always sitting right next to the coop. i highly doubt anything could get in there because its made out of metal and has no holes..
Can you post a few pictures of your coop?

yes i can do that it will take a few minutes though. and i will see if the shell is salvagable out of the trash. thank you for helping me!
Perfect! Go get pictures of your chickens while you're at it too please.

Back
Top Bottom