Pullet not laying?

Jul 24, 2020
NY
So i have a 9 month old ameraucana pullet her name is honey. I only have six hens, four of which are one year olds three lay brown one lays blue, then we have the two new pullets one is already laying brown eggs. Anyways it is pretty easy to figure out who is laying at the time yet i have yet to receive six eggs in a day, let alone 2 blue chicken eggs. (the chicken in question is shown below)

1704168682314.png

1704168715013.png

sorry im bad at spelling however its spelled though if you look up americaunas they look exactly like honey(below not my image ust an example of what i mean)
1704178098800.png

sorry im bad at spelling however its spelled though if you look up americaunas they look exactly like honey(below not my image ust an example of what i mean)
View attachment 3717043
It's not a matter of your spelling. Ameraucanas and Americanas are not the same. The former is a breed with specific traits and colors, the latter is simply a marketing name for what are commonly known as Easter Eggers. I believe you have an EE.

If the photos of your pullet are current, she does not look close to laying yet regardless of breed, but it's hard to see since the photos are small.

the internet photo above is Ameraucana from cackle hatchery that looks just like her plus where we got her from dosent have EE only Ameraucanas

What color was she listed as when you bought her? I don't know much about Ameraucanas but they will always be sold with the color specified, even at feed stores.

Cackle appears to have both Ameraucanas and EEs.

(But as to your original question, again, regardless of breed, in the first photos she does not look close to laying yet.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom