Two shelless eggs stuck together?

Sorry, no. It could be a long process. If you can identify the hens that are laying shelled eggs that should narrow down the possibilities. However, if this is a temporary, or worse, an intermittent glitch then you've got your work cut out.
Yep. Sounds like it. It's not a regular occurrence - and the first double. But cameras may make that easier. Thank you for all the information.

Sorry, no. It could be a long process. If you can identify the hens that are laying shelled eggs that should narrow down the possibilities. However, if this is a temporary, or worse, an intermittent glitch then you've got your work cut out.
And one more question - if I'm not annoying you too much: David said that he had pulled them apart - and there was no shell - just membrane holding them together. Does your comment hold true if there is no shelling? Or is it something different.

And one more question - if I'm not annoying you too much: David said that he had pulled them apart - and there was no shell - just membrane holding them together. Does your comment hold true if there is no shelling? Or is it something different.
My comments still hold true. I've attempted to explain what is likely to have happened. There are a few reasons this could happen. The reasons range from a bad egging day to an internal deformity. Only time will tell. I would love to be able to tell you what can be done about the problem, but you would need a good avian vet for that, which I'm not.
Keep us informed.:caf

My comments still hold true. I've attempted to explain what is likely to have happened. There are a few reasons this could happen. The reasons range from a bad egging day to an internal deformity. Only time will tell. I would love to be able to tell you what can be done about the problem, but you would need a good avian vet for that, which I'm not.
Keep us informed.:caf
And I thank you very much for your very informed opinion. Hopefully, the camera will catch the culprit - but greater hope still that it doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom