Tylan 200 Dosage for Chickens

DawnLee

Chirping
Jul 15, 2022
My 5.5 month old pullet seems like she has a respiratory illness. I purchased Tylan 200 but I keep reading different dosage instructions. I am not sure how much she weighs. Bigger than a Silkie but not as big as a full-grown hen. I have found anywhere from 0.5 ml to 1.0 ml once a day to up to 3 times a day. Duration from 2 days up to 5 days.

What dosage should I give, how many times a day and for how many days? She was in real distress so I already gave her 0.5 ml IM in breast 1 x yesterday and another 1x today. She did seem a lot better last night after the first dose. I don't want her to get worse again so I don't want to stop treating prematurely. I also don't want to overdo it.

She is isolated in a separate room of my house. How long do I keep her from her flock? Also, is there a egg withdrawal period for Tylan? Any other information I should know would be much appreciated.

I would give 0.15 ml if she is close to 3 pounds, and give it orally, every 8 hours. Giving it orally makes it less likely to damage the breast muscle. If you need a 1 ml syringe without a needle, most pharmacies and Walmart with give you one free for giving meds to babies and pets.

I would give 0.15 ml if she is close to 3 pounds, and give it orally, every 8 hours. Giving it orally makes it less likely to damage the breast muscle. If you need a 1 ml syringe without a needle, most pharmacies and Walmart with give you one free for giving meds to babies and pets.
I didn't get a notification of your response. Just saw it now. I ended up giving 0.5 IM x 2 days. I tried orally but couldn't get it in her mouth. She seems like she is back to normal. Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom