Tylan to treat bubbly eyes and runny noses?

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
I bought some Tylan to treat my chickens. I know that they are sick, but I do not know what they have. I am awaiting test results from the vet for possible MG :( The symptoms are: runny noses (some clear and some yellow), bubbly eyes, head shaking, and some coughing. I have been putting 1/2 teaspoon with 1/2 gallon of water. It is the only water that the chickens have access to. They have been doing this treatment for 2 days, but I have not seen any sort of progress. I have been cleaning the noses daily as well as the eyes. What should I do? Is there something that I can do that will help them get better sooner. I do not want them to die. Please help. Any advice would be awesome.

while awaiting test results the best thing you can do is keep them comfortable.Making sure they are eating,drinking and going to the bathroom.Keeping eyes and nostrils cleared and cleaned makes them feel better.Keeping them in a warm non-drafty area is also good.But I would recommend reading up on what MG is and what should be done for MG.Understand if it is MG they never fully recover,they will always carry the disease and infect healthy birds.It could be new birds you bring in or your neighbors birds down the street.

Nobody around me has birds so I wasn't that concerned about that. These chickens are my pets and I LOVE them so much. I have read up a lot of MG already, but I thought that I could treat it and the symptoms would go away. Is that possible? I have been keeping them very clean. I have been washing them up like 5 times a day. I wish I didn't love these chicken kids so much.

I bought some Tylan to treat my chickens. I know that they are sick, but I do not know what they have. I am awaiting test results from the vet for possible MG :( The symptoms are: runny noses (some clear and some yellow), bubbly eyes, head shaking, and some coughing. I have been putting 1/2 teaspoon with 1/2 gallon of water. It is the only water that the chickens have access to. They have been doing this treatment for 2 days, but I have not seen any sort of progress. I have been cleaning the noses daily as well as the eyes. What should I do? Is there something that I can do that will help them get better sooner. I do not want them to die. Please help. Any advice would be awesome.
If in fact it's MG when you get the test results, I recommend that you treat your birds with Denagard. It can be purchased from QC Supply. However, they will always have the disease and will be carriers, forever. You must maintain a closed flock. No new ones in, none out, and no selling or giving away eggs for hatching. They will always show symptoms when stressed. It's best to cull, disinfect everything and start over a couple of months later.

All birds that have it will always carry and their chicks will too. Any that don't will probably stay healthy so will their chicks,but still carry and infect. Disinfecting doesn't work unless you eliminate all birds and start fresh

I gave you my phone number to call me. I am in Ohio too. You didn't call me back after we got disconnected. If the vet sends to the state lab, you might get results back in a month. Anybody that told you Denegard knows who I am. I will help you to help your birds. Have you got results back yet?

Victoria

My results did come back and she just had bacteria in her throat (all different kinds), but none of the diseases that will cause them to be carriers. They all have runny noses now. I am just hoping that it will just pass. Any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom