Tylobiotic, anyone heard of this?

I'm dealing with a hen that has no appetite and horrible watery poop. For some reason, the vet recommended Tylan 50 (which I thought was for respiratory infection?) but this is what I could find.
Hello, I know this post is a few months old, but I was wondering if you have any updates to share? Was the Th man
No, would not give both. I’ll add some yogurt, I know they love it!

The poop is random, switches between hens (I check roosting locations at night to get a better idea of who) and will last a few days or up to a few weeks. No one has had it as bad nor as long as the girl I described above. I’ll attach some pics of what is there this morning.

The first two are samples of what can happen, these are from a week or two ago. But I cannot clean the vinyl because of moisture issues with the cold.
View attachment 3372507View attachment 3372508View attachment 3372509View attachment 3372512View attachment 3372511View attachment 3372510This last picture is from a Silkie I’ve been watching for a few days now. She is not eating nor drinking well but has not stopped fully. I brought her in for a dose of nutridrench and she ate a few bites of scrambled egg. She was not doing well a few months ago, gave her a few days of calcium (she stopped laying) and straight doses Corid and she improved. Still not laying but she gained all her weight back and was doing great. Now this… Whatever it is, it just keeps cycling through and I have no idea. The only constant in each treatment is the Corid. I did not dose the Silkie today. Maybe you have a suggestion or two or possibly some insight? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hello! I know this post is a few months old, but do you have any updates to share? My hen has some very odd poops that look similar to this sometimes. She also has watery diarrhea with white streaks. Today I thought I found small worm-like (?) matter, so it may be different from what your silkie had. Anyway, how are they doing and what ultimately helped their pools get back to normal? These health issues can be so baffling! 😭

Hello, I know this post is a few months old, but I was wondering if you have any updates to share? Was the Th man

Hello! I know this post is a few months old, but do you have any updates to share? My hen has some very odd poops that look similar to this sometimes. She also has watery diarrhea with white streaks. Today I thought I found small worm-like (?) matter, so it may be different from what your silkie had. Anyway, how are they doing and what ultimately helped their pools get back to normal? These health issues can be so baffling! 😭
Yes, these girls definitely keep us on our toes and guessing 😒

My flock has Mareks and tested positive for MG a year ago. I treat them monthly with Tylosin to keep MG at bay and just try like hell to keep them stress free.

Because of the mareks I can never really be sure what ails them. Sometimes they all looked great and the next week I was treating or euthanizing one. I’m sorry I cannot be much help with this thread, I’d suggest starting a new one with pictures and more descriptions if you haven’t already.

Yes, these girls definitely keep us on our toes and guessing 😒

My flock has Mareks and tested positive for MG a year ago. I treat them monthly with Tylosin to keep MG at bay and just try like hell to keep them stress free.

Because of the mareks I can never really be sure what ails them. Sometimes they all looked great and the next week I was treating or euthanizing one. I’m sorry I cannot be much help with this thread, I’d suggest starting a new one with pictures and more descriptions if you haven’t already.
Thanks for sharing. Do you mind saying how you tested for MG? And how you determined Mareks was at play? I’m still learning how to diagnose these feathered creatures!

Thanks for sharing. Do you mind saying how you tested for MG? And how you determined Mareks was at play? I’m still learning how to diagnose these feathered creatures!

MG was diagnosed by a nasal swab at the vet.

Mareks was diagnosed by necropsy, which is the only way to confirm MD I believe. I opted for the respiratory disease(?) panel which confirmed the MG.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom