Ugh. Roos?

jschultz

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2015

Need a better photo. At 4 months old, both males and females can have red combs. We need to see the feathering on the back, near the base of the tail. That's where the male saddle feathers would be.

This is the same chicken as picture #3^^^

Other chicken

#3 both chickens

PS don't mind the poop. Tomorrows cleaning day, we've had quite a bit of snow the last couple days

Last edited:

And I have these two who I think are Pullets. they both have pretty rounded feathers.

This is the same chicken as picture #3^^^

Other chicken

#3 both chickens

PS don't mind the poop. Tomorrows cleaning day, we've had quite a bit of snow the last couple days

If photo 3 shows the bird in photo 2 in the forefront, then id suggest they are both cockerels as i can see saddle feathers. I think you are correct with your pullet observation.

CT

Both really!? BOO! I already have one roo, I don't think I want THREE! haha guess ill have to get rid of them =[

Both really!? BOO! I already have one roo, I don't think I want THREE! haha guess ill have to get rid of them =[

Don't get too downhearted just yet - let the experts chip in - where's Drumstick Diva / Michael O'Shay et al? - sleeping is no excuse!
lau.gif

CT

ill try to get some better pictures of them tomorrow. When their out and about. Might be better to tell.
They still make tiny like chirping noises. No crows yet.

you can clearly see my Cockerel in #1 with his back to the camera. He hasn't even crowed yet.

Back
Top Bottom