Ummm... my chicken is the predator!

@gryeyes
lau.gif

I told my husband if I don't answer the phone that he should send in a someone to rescue me because I'm down.
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I knoww! I was watching a baby possum in my sisters backyard, thinking, "Man, why must you grow up to be something icky?'

OP - I now have the image of a mystical chicken-snake in my head.
gig.gif
Ground version of a chicken-hawk.
big_smile.png

If they think they can swallow it and it may taste good there's not much a chicken won't eat. Snakes, mice, moles, voles, frogs, lizards and so on. Last fall there was pocket gopher making his line of mounds across my pasture until he got into the hen yard. Three mounds in and it ended there. Just took them a bit to figure how to get at him...

.....Alan.

Just checked under the house and there is the bat... deader than a doornail. Doesn't look like there is a hair out of place. Apparently Pippi was just interested in the thrill of the kill... Really?? Apparently Pippi has "issues"....

Maybe I can Grow my Giants to be big enough to eat dogs! LOL We have alot of dogs dumped on our road. We live bout 8 miles out side of town. It would save me from having to shoot them. And from having to feed the chickens so much! HHmmmm Might be a good plan. LOL

Sometimes I wonder if the hawks should be scared of my flock. I had the cutest little frog that would sit in my garden pond but he got to close to the waterfall and cleo my head hen caught him. Well then he became a game of keep away. Poor little frog but my chickens had a wonderful time with him. They've caught mice, and lizards too!

Quote:
I know what you mean!!!!

During this past winter, I slipped in the mud several times and fell at least twice. I'm a "mature" and "big-boned" woman of 56 years, and it took a while to get back up again.

Curious chickens rushed to see what I was doing. Did I have treats? Oh, look, glasses! And hair to pull (just checking it). Bernadette, who jumps to my lap all the time when I sit in a chair in the run, or sometimes jumps to my shoulder, got right on my chest to peer into my face. I was afraid she'd peck me, but she didn't. She DID peck lightly at my cattywumpas glasses frames, though. And my hair.

The others milled about, talking amongst themselves about the event(s).

Good thing I'm BIG. I coulda been lunch.

lau.gif
:I can just picture it all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom