Unbalanced and Lethargic Hen

Thank you both so very much! She'll get better,I know it! I have a special bond with all my babies, but through caring for Lilybug for over three months we have grown attached to one another.When she goes to the vet I put her in a small dog carrier on the passenger seat strapped in with the door facing me.She sits right at the door looking at me.She feels safe with me in sight and plus she likes going on trips as long as it isn't a bumpy ride! The vet treating her is what scares me more, but luckily I found a very caring vet.Her last visit the vet was gonna take her in the back to do some throat swabs and when the vet picked her up my eyes just began to fill up with tears because I was so scared she might not come back and plus Lilybug has been within my sight 90% of the time since she been sick.I even stay up at night to keep an eye on her and take naps when my hubby is home to take over!The vet looked at me and said I think I'll do it right here so she can be with her mommy.That touched my heart!!! Are any of you gonna get new spring chicks? There's always a precious baby in need of a good loving home!!!!:jumpy  

Lilybug would probably never like my road. It's a bummpy road.
1f62c.png
1f61d.png
You love your hens so much,just like me!
1f64c.png
1f64c.png
1f414.png
1f44d.png
I really do hope that she gets better soon!

I'll likely be getting one or two young hens this summer :) I'm gonna clean my house really well before I bring any birds home, just in case Daisy had something I'm not aware of. Daisy hated car rides unless she was on my lap, so I'm glad Lilybug is content with them :) I hope you figure out what's going on with her. You're doing such a good job taking care of her and I'm sure things will improve soon!

I'll likely be getting one or two young hens this summer :) I'm gonna clean my house really well before I bring any birds home, just in case Daisy had something I'm not aware of. Daisy hated car rides unless she was on my lap, so I'm glad Lilybug is content with them :) I hope you figure out what's going on with her. You're doing such a good job taking care of her and I'm sure things will improve soon!

Any idea what kind of hens you'll be getting? I'm sure that they'll be very pretty, but never as pretty as Daisy.
1f609.png
1f414.png
1f44d.png
1f64c.png
Good idea with cleaning out the house.
1f44d.png

That's a really good idea to do a good house scrubbing before you get more. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to use to scrub my house that is not harsh or dangerous for Lilybug to be around.I'm also investigating about an oxygen bird cage.I was hope I could just rent one but I can't seem to find anything. Lilybug went to her doctor appointment today and got blood work done but we won't get the results for about a week.We are still waiting on her throat culture swab test results. Her eyes are more bright then they were before her first appointment so the vet thinks that the Lice is the problem but still is gonna check other possibilities out. I just wish her breathing would get better....if only a little better so she can sleep. I have no idea how long it takes for a severely anemic chicken to be no longer anemic.Well, enough blabbering......do you get a specific breed?

That's a really good idea to do a good house scrubbing before you get more. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to use to scrub my house that is not harsh or dangerous for Lilybug to be around.I'm also investigating about an oxygen bird cage.I was hope I could just rent one but I can't seem to find anything. Lilybug went to her doctor appointment today and got blood work done but we won't get the results for about a week.We are still waiting on her throat culture swab test results. Her eyes are more bright then they were before her first appointment so the vet thinks that the Lice is the problem but still is gonna check other possibilities out. I just wish her breathing would get better....if only a little better so she can sleep. I have no idea how long it takes for a severely anemic chicken to be no longer anemic.Well, enough blabbering......do you get a specific breed?
http://www.thecapecoop.com/help-chicken-sick/
This site might help you to figure out what's going on with her breathing.
1f414.png
1f44d.png

I definitely want bantams, since I don't want huge chickens running around the house :) I would really like some Polish hens because they're just so pretty with the big poof of feathers on their heads and they aren't big at all. I know they can be a little shy because sometimes the feathers block their vision, but I'm sure keeping them well groomed will help with that. I'm happy to hear Lilybug had a good day :) being alert, eating, and drinking are all really good signs! She definitely wants to stay strong and get better :) As for cleaning, I'm sure anything antibacterial that doesn't give off harsh fumes will be fine, just make sure it's safe for pets. I also have cats and a prairie dog upstairs so I'll have to find something safe for them as well. I'll let you know what I use when I get to cleaning, probably just hot water and antibacterial soap to kill any germs without compromising the air. A solution of half water and half rubbing alcohol is good for things you can't really wash as well. It's effective but not super strong.

I definitely want bantams, since I don't want huge chickens running around the house :) I would really like some Polish hens because they're just so pretty with the big poof of feathers on their heads and they aren't big at all. I know they can be a little shy because sometimes the feathers block their vision, but I'm sure keeping them well groomed will help with that. I'm happy to hear Lilybug had a good day :) being alert, eating, and drinking are all really good signs! She definitely wants to stay strong and get better :) As for cleaning, I'm sure anything antibacterial that doesn't give off harsh fumes will be fine, just make sure it's safe for pets. I also have cats and a prairie dog upstairs so I'll have to find something safe for them as well. I'll let you know what I use when I get to cleaning, probably just hot water and antibacterial soap to kill any germs without compromising the air. A solution of half water and half rubbing alcohol is good for things you can't really wash as well. It's effective but not super strong.
Thank you DaisyBird! If I find something non-toxic I'll let you know too! I actually found an all purpose cleaner called Simple Clean and it is cheap, but I don't think it would kill lice/mites like I need it to.Polish hens are very pretty and I know what you mean about feathery heads blocking their vision because I have a partridge silkie that has that problem! Lol!
yippiechickie.gif
Bantam Buff Orpingtons are very sweet and pretty too.I had one and she was extremely extremely special to me. She was mommy's girl and I miss her soooo much. Here is a picture of her.
I bet you really miss your Daisy.She was such a cutie!
love.gif

She is really cute! My house just feels so empty without her running around. She was my first chicken and she really helped me realize how much I love them and want to have them in my life. Daisy will always hold a special place in my heart, but I really can't wait to have chickens again :) I really want to have a couple, because Daisy was very attached to me and would often get really upset when I was away from home. Especially during breaks between semesters at school. She would be really happy to have me home all day and then really upset when I started leaving for school again. So I think getting a pair will be a really good idea :) I know chickens are really social animals!

She is really cute! My house just feels so empty without her running around. She was my first chicken and she really helped me realize how much I love them and want to have them in my life. Daisy will always hold a special place in my heart, but I really can't wait to have chickens again :) I really want to have a couple, because Daisy was very attached to me and would often get really upset when I was away from home. Especially during breaks between semesters at school. She would be really happy to have me home all day and then really upset when I started leaving for school again. So I think getting a pair will be a really good idea :) I know chickens are really social animals!
Losing one does leave a hole in the heart. I cry for weeks when I lose one. I think getting a pair is a really good idea, but I would get them as chicks as long as you know the sex of them. We came across the problem several times where what was suppose to be a hen ended up a rooster. How old was Daisy? Was she a chick when you got her?

Back
Top Bottom