Unbalanced and Lethargic Hen

I have a question. I'm new to being vegetarian and all,
1f350.png
so does turkey bacon and Turkey burgers count as non meat? I know it's a stupid question,
1f44e.png
but I just wanted to know.
1f44d.png
Thanks! By the way, how is Lilybug doing?
1f414.png
1f44d.png
Sorry it was just kind of a question I threw in.
1f609.png

I have a question. I'm new to being vegetarian and all,
1f350.png
so does turkey bacon and Turkey burgers count as non meat? I know it's a stupid question,
1f44e.png
but I just wanted to know.
1f44d.png
Thanks! By the way, how is Lilybug doing?
1f414.png
1f44d.png
Sorry it was just kind of a question I threw in.
1f609.png
I still count it as meat personally. To me, meat is flesh that comes from any animal. Some people don't count fish as meat, but I do.

OK gotcha. I know that it's a stupid question, but thanks for answering anyway. Do you know how Lilybug is doing?
1f414.png
Hey! I agree with Daisybird.I consider it meat too.Lilybug is about the same. No worse,no better. Although I did notice her other wattle is beginning to show some color too!Still waiting to hear about the house I was talking about earlier. The owner has it under a agent as well as for sale by owner. An agent called me and said it is still available but he is no longer the listing agent. I need to talk directly to the owner but it is like pulling teeth. Keep your fingers crossed that we can figure out a way to move because I feel no matter what we do for Llybug she is not gonna get better as long as she is in this house breathing in mold. And our other babies aren't showing any symptoms but that does not mean the mold is not harming them! PRAYING!!!!

Hey! I agree with Daisybird.I consider it meat too.Lilybug is about the same. No worse,no better. Although I did notice her other wattle is beginning to show some color too!Still waiting to hear about the house I was talking about earlier. The owner has it under a agent as well as for sale by owner. An agent called me and said it is still available but he is no longer the listing agent. I need to talk directly to the owner but it is like pulling teeth. Keep your fingers crossed that we can figure out a way to move because I feel no matter what we do for Llybug she is not gonna get better as long as she is in this house breathing in mold. And our other babies aren't showing any symptoms but that does not mean the mold is not harming them! PRAYING!!!!

OK I will. That's good that she's showing some more color though. Could you maybe take her and the others out on some walks every day or so, so that they can get some fresh air? I'm sure they'd appreciate it!
1f414.png
1f64c.png

OK I will. That's good that she's showing some more color though. Could you maybe take her and the others out on some walks every day or so, so that they can get some fresh air? I'm sure they'd appreciate it!
1f414.png
1f64c.png
My husband and I were talking about how that would be a good idea but this neighbor has their dogs running everywhere to the point that I'm afraid to take a walk.It makes me so mad! You can't even drive on our street without having to stop due to a dog in the road.I feel they should keep their animals in the house or in their yard.It is disrespectful and not fair to others who want to take walks'even children although there is many here.

My husband and I were talking about how that would be a good idea but this neighbor has their dogs running everywhere to the point that I'm afraid to take a walk.It makes me so mad! You can't even drive on our street without having to stop due to a dog in the road.I feel they should keep their animals in the house or in their yard.It is disrespectful and not fair to others who want to take walks'even children although there is many here.

Are the dogs mean? Maybe you could talk to their owners about tying up their dogs? They just might be open about it. Maybe explain your situation a bit.
1f414.png
1f436.png
1f44d.png

Walks would be a good idea but dogs and poultry usually don't get along :( Chicken is food to them! Maybe you could make a sort of scheduled time when you take your chickens out and you can work something out wit your neighbor where they keep their dogs in for an hour or so?

We live on a long country road where everyone has like 3 acres of land so I guess since it's like being in the middle of nowhere everyone thinks they could do what they want. Some of the dog owners would probably listen but others I don't think I'd be so lucky with. I'd almost be scared to take the chance because sometimes people will say they'll do something but really won't.My babies would have a heart attack because they have never been around a dog or even a cat. When I take one of my babies to the vet I keep their carrier covered up so they don't see the other animals and so they don't see them. There is so many logical answers but it seems there is always some kind of road block.I do thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your suggestions!
thumbsup.gif

We live on a long country road where everyone has like 3 acres of land so I guess since it's like being in the middle of nowhere everyone thinks they could do what they want. Some of the dog owners would probably listen but others I don't think I'd be so lucky with. I'd almost be scared to take the chance because sometimes people will say they'll do something but really won't.My babies would have a heart attack because they have never been around a dog or even a cat. When I take one of my babies to the vet I keep their carrier covered up so they don't see the other animals and so they don't see them. There is so many logical answers but it seems there is always some kind of road block.I do thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your suggestions!
thumbsup.gif
Do you have a porch? You could always take them out and just keep them very close by. Take Lilybug outside, hold her, and just let her get some fresh air for a while. And you could do the same with the others too. I'm sure you can be creative and think of something! And yes it is important that they don't get scared too badly. I heard that chickens can literally give themselves heart attacks if they get too frightened!

Back
Top Bottom