Uncle Sam Expects You To Keep Hens and Raise Chickens !!

Pics
Just sent it to my city councilor!!!!
smile.png

Reminded me of a tale My mom used to tell about an immagrant neighbor who kept chickens and pidgeons in the back yard in 1930's/1940's Cincinnati Ohio.
I would not doubt that poultry keeping was encouraged during WW2. So you can tell people that city chickens are nothing new. they just should have never been banned from our neighborhoods in the first place.

How cool!!! Wish there would be something similar published today ha ha. Maybe I could forge something official looking and have it sent to my DH? Maybe then he'd understand that my birds are my friends...my preciouses...and that I do NOT have too many of them.
wee.gif

I think it would go over better if it the headline was something like "Don't let Uncle Sam control you. Raise chickens for independence!" Hope this isn't considered a political statement because I'm not trying to make one, I'm only saying that I think this would get more people interested in chickens nowadays. There's a big interest in being prepared, the collapse of the civilization, etc. It would probably get even more attention if it said something like "Prepared for the zombie apocalypse? Raise chickens!"

Back
Top Bottom