Uncxe dad 28

uncledad28

Hatching
Jul 22, 2015
When I was ten yrs. old my parents introduced me to chickens & goats. Since then i've always said I would love to have chickens, again so two yrs. ago i told my that would like to get chickens did not happen my wife had three operations wife comes first. So this year was going very well, we built a coop & a run so we went on that hunt for chickens we got 21 & 7 roosters not by choice. The wife & i we luv our chickens,i'm seventy years young wish i had done a lot sooner. UNCLEDAD 28

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

One is never too old for chickens! And better late than never, I always say.

Great to have you aboard UNCLEDAD. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around the forums.

Welcome to our flock!

Uncledad 28 my wife & i got our chickens at tractor supply which was not bad. But we forgot to get straight runs, so out of twentyeight chickens we got, nine roosters & nineteen hens which we lost two of them. so our chicken family consist of Rhode Island Reds , Black Australorp, Buff Orpingtons, Wellsummers and out of those the Buff Orpingtons are my favorites.My wife likes the Wellsummer roosters because she likes when they crow, but out of nine roosters we have three left two wellsummers and one Rhode Island Red but so far they are all healthy thank God.

Roosters can handle 10 hens apiece.    think you are going to need more hens  so they don't get over bred and damaged.

Gotta love chicken folk logic lol. Even though he already has close to 30 as his beginners flock, rather than needing to loose some roosters he needs more hens :).
Love it!

welcome-byc.gif

How fun that you are back into raising chickens! They are fun and so interesting to watch...chicken tv is the best show around.

It's nice to have you here!

Roosters can handle 10 hens apiece. think you are going to need more hens so they don't get over bred and damaged.
Yes, Very true. I'd get 12 hens per rooster just to be safe, you know, predators, illness, etc.

Gotta love chicken folk logic lol. Even though he already has close to 30 as his beginners flock, rather than needing to loose some roosters he needs more hens :).
Love it!

ABSOLUTELY
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom