Underground RR Quilt Block

I am VERY into 1860's civil war history and slave/underground railroad quilts. A great book is titled Hidden in Plain View. There are quilts and patterns it in along with a great story........I highly recommend it.

If anyone is in need of civil war repros a great place at great prices is Whittles and on line fabric store......

I wish I had the time to join you all howver my plate is full until Christmas. I hand sew and quilt so it takes me much longer to make blocks. How I wish I had the time. I have made several civil war repros and right now I am teaching my husband to quilt. We are making a Gettysburg quilt together.

I will be following this thread and drooling~~~

Thank you for the recommendations! I will check it out. You should posts some pics of your quilts. Would love to see them! Maybe you can join in the next one.
smile.png

I am so excited about this project! Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing how this is going to unfold. I love quilting, but it's been seriously years since I've done anything (since having my kids), and it has always been one of my "zen" activities. It's going to be so nice to have something to work on in my quiet time and get my focus going again.

I am so excited about this project! Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing how this is going to unfold. I love quilting, but it's been seriously years since I've done anything (since having my kids), and it has always been one of my "zen" activities. It's going to be so nice to have something to work on in my quiet time and get my focus going again.

The last one we just finished was a chicken block! It was a hoot! It was my first swap and I jumped in at the last minute, but everyone welcomed me and has been so nice. I'm not a quilter!
tongue.png
I just don't have the patience for it. I really wish I did though. I will probably put the top together and take and have it quilted for me.
hmm.png
I love getting the squares from all over. To see the different techniques.
I just put the Eleanor Burns underground railroad quilt book on hold at my library. They were $140.00 new and start at 69.99 used on Amazon!!!
th.gif
So to the trusty library I'm going!
Sorry for the double quote. I don't know if any one else has these viewster videos playing in the margin, but they are locking up and slowing my computer. Drives me crazy! Is there anyway to get them off???

Is that what is slowing down byc???? I didn't know what was going on but byc has been acting up on my computer for a few days.

@PlaidBattleAxe The swaps got me back into quilting. Before joining my first one here on byc I hadn't quilted in years.

Is that what is slowing down byc???? I didn't know what was going on but byc has been acting up on my computer for a few days.

@PlaidBattleAxe The swaps got me back into quilting. Before joining my first one here on byc I hadn't quilted in years.

The last one we just finished was a chicken block! It was a hoot! It was my first swap and I jumped in at the last minute, but everyone welcomed me and has been so nice. I'm not a quilter!
tongue.png
I just don't have the patience for it. I really wish I did though. I will probably put the top together and take and have it quilted for me.
hmm.png
I love getting the squares from all over. To see the different techniques.
I just put the Eleanor Burns underground railroad quilt book on hold at my library. They were $140.00 new and start at 69.99 used on Amazon!!!
th.gif
So to the trusty library I'm going!
Sorry for the double quote. I don't know if any one else has these viewster videos playing in the margin, but they are locking up and slowing my computer. Drives me crazy! Is there anyway to get them off???
Ack! I will definitely be looking at my library too. I can't fathom paying that much for a book!! (I'm a bit of a closet book hoarder---library book sales are my weakness!) And those are playing in my margin too! It keeps buggering things up. No clue how to get rid of them though
hmm.png
I'm typically just a crazy quilter or block style. I've always wanted to use a pattern and make a quilt that way, so this is an awesome opportunity for me. And I simply love the fact that it's a "community" effort----like those old fashioned quilting circles but long distance style
smile.png

Yesterday throughout the day BYC kept coming up on my computer as "under construction" so I don't know what they were changing around, if anything at all, or if it was just my internet connectivity. No bueno. I like the fabric choices you posted, btw. You've got a challenging square! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I bet it will be beautiful with all of those color choices.

I just bought the Eleanor Burns book from ebay yesterday for $20, much less expensive than Amazon or new.
smile.png
There is one on there for $24.44 + shipping right now.

If you go to eleanorburns.com and go to her shop online/books, it shows the book is on sale for $19.96.

Last edited:
REgarding computer problems. I run Mozilla Firefox. I clicked on getting started. On the left of the screen there are tabs. Scroll down to the end and it will say firefox running slowly or not responding. Click there. Scroll down to where it says script not responding. This is the message I keep getting. It slows or locks up byc. I followed the directions and put byc on a list that can't run scripts. So far it seems to have helped. I also reset Firefox, which it recommends to do. My whole computer seems to be running faster. If you don't have firefox, I'm not sure how to fix it. Hope this helps some.

I just bought the Eleanor Burns book from ebay yesterday for $20, much less expensive than Amazon or new.
smile.png
There is one on there for $24.44 + shipping right now.

If you go to eleanorburns.com and go to her shop online/books, it shows the book is on sale for $19.96.

Oh Wow! What a price difference! I will go and get the library books, (I have 3 of hers on hold) and look at them. If I find I need to buy the book, I will definitely look into these 2 options. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom