Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
kassaundra are these the fabrics you will be using?
I'm trying to get some ideas about colors for this one.

Yes, only I don't have enough of the background to do them all. It is such a pretty foggy, winter forest print. The other backgrounds I will be using are all over leaves, green. I chose my fabrics color and print for specific reasons for this one. The wheel I wanted the feeling of wood since it was "carpenters" wheel, the grey fabric is butterfies symbolizing freedom and change, and the background I wanted the feel of woods / forest

welcome to our new comers glad to have you and welcome back to our regulars, glad there is so much chatter, yes post pics even if you can't join our group right now

Thank you for the welcome----and for coming up with the idea for this awesome project!
I completed my test on the pattern I drafted, it did make it easier, but it is still a very hard block, but I sooooo LOVE how it turned out. I think each block will take roughly 6ish hours to complete so I need to figure out if I will be able to complete them, I do have until Dec

Beautiful! It pops out very much like an M.C. Escher. Great job
Thanks, yes I can post the pattern, I will have to tweek it a little first though.
Please and thank you!
woot.gif

It's 2AM here but I'm still awake as my Mother who has been struggling to breath for ten days now was finally admitted to hospital tonight. I made the first call requesting a paramedic at 5pm, by 9o/c still nothing but had been told I would be given an out of hours appointment at a hospital somewhere. At 9.15 I just decided she was too bad for me to move so I called them back and we were upgraded to 999 status . The ambulance came at 10.30!

Anyway let's talk fabric since I'm awake! I'm going to use civil war fabric for my blocks, I'm sure I've got enough left from another project. Keepsake quilting dose bundles of them . They are on their website, I think , if you want to check the colours.

It's 2AM here but I'm still awake as my Mother who has been struggling to breath for ten days now was finally admitted to hospital tonight. I made the first call requesting a paramedic at 5pm, by 9o/c still nothing but had been told I would be given an out of hours appointment at a hospital somewhere. At 9.15 I just decided she was too bad for me to move so I called them back and we were upgraded to 999 status . The ambulance came at 10.30!

Anyway let's talk fabric since I'm awake! I'm going to use civil war fabric for my blocks, I'm sure I've got enough left from another project. Keepsake quilting dose bundles of them . They are on their website, I think , if you want to check the colours.

I'm confused, you called the ambulance and they don't come immediately for a 911 (emergency) call???? They wait for hours to come??? Is that what I was reading?

Yes! They ask you a million questions and people who are unconscious or bleeding take priority because they don't have enough ambulances. The one tonight had come from a town 20 miles away.

Yes! They ask you a million questions and people who are unconscious or bleeding take priority because they don't have enough ambulances. The one tonight had come from a town 20 miles away.

We triage too, but a respiratory distress would be triaged as a top emergency. In our area even if we need to call another service for help to cover a call we can't the wait for an ambulance would be minutes not hours, never hours unless the pt is already at a hospital and waiting to be taken by ambulance to another hospital. Most of our urban areas have an 9 minute window, from the time they get the call they are at the house in 9 minutes or less, that isn't the top priority emergency calls that is all emergency calls.

I am sorry to hear about your mother Fern Rose. So miserable if you can't breath. Hopefully they can help her.

Back
Top Bottom