Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
This is the result of my course yesterday, I am now meant to write words or quotes or my thoughts on the pages!

Yes. That's clear. I thought that's what it meant, just wanted to clarify. I am going to make a sample block, as I want to to see what my colors are going to look like together. I hope I can get started tomorrow. I have to start out putting tomatoes in freezer, and can some. Hopefully I can get that done in the morning, and start cutting out in afternoon. Thank you ladies!
Fenrosie-love your journal. Did you get to the quilt show?

We had a lovely day at the quilt show and saw some amazing quilts! I got the rest of the fabric I need so now I must get started as soon as it is washed as I'm not sure when I must go to my mothers again. On top of the heart problems she now has been called to go to oncology as there is a problem with her white blood cells so I'm guessing it's not good news. At the moment she is in a care home in her village while we work out how much help she is going to need at home.

We had a lovely day at the quilt show and saw some amazing quilts! I got the rest of the fabric I need so now I must get started as soon as it is washed as I'm not sure when I must go to my mothers again. On top of the heart problems she now has been called to go to oncology as there is a problem with her white blood cells so I'm guessing it's not good news. At the moment she is in a care home in her village while we work out how much help she is going to need at home.

Sounds wonderful! So glad to hear you had a great time!
I will pray for your mother.

@Anna6 so one baby has gotten to come home? I hope it won't be too long for the others.

@fenrosie love the book and will continue to pray for your mother. Sometimes WBC's are out of wack due to an infection so hopefully that is all it will be.I still have not gotten my fabrics I need to post pics of the projects I have completed, soon I promise.

One more baby came home and one is left in NICU. Hectic for DD as she tries and goes to NICU daily to see the remaining baby.

Last edited:
Got my fabrics in!

Ok, there are 9 fabrics. Imagine there are numbers on the picture from left to right.

Fabric #1 is my backing.

Fabric #s 3, 5, 7, and 9 are what will be used on the northern star block for y'all; and one for me too. I probably could have put them all together for the pic, hu? Sorry.

Fabric #s 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are for my large carpenters wheel plus setting the other blocks on point. #4 is perhaps for binding. I thought I needed it to go with colors for the northern star block but it doesn't look like I do. Oh... maybe it was for setting blocks on point. I think that was it.

I need to get these fabrics washed, ironed and ready to go and then I can start quilting.

First though, I need to do one more ornament for the ornament swap I'm in. Once those are sent out, I can get started on these.

Back
Top Bottom