Unique Coturnix quail Colors

Quote:
Yes.....Lines....and patterns is what seperates most types and names given....but many more names we have seen in the US..and then we have the list from other countries and areas...lets see if we can get anybody else to add names they know before we put up pictures and then cross match them....

Twilight
Autumn Amber
Cinnamon
Cinna
Blonde

This makes 49 so far.....anybody else know any names ?

Twilight Quail? i did a search and it came up with Kristen Stewart
smile.png

got e-mail about this post...Really!!!

edited this post due to comment made about not suppose to link commerical breeders who are not members of BYC...WOW!!!...sorry was trying to help others by answering questions......

so Kylesquails...redo your search for ...Twilight Coturnix instead of Twilight Quail...breeder will come up who has them...

Last edited:
lol, i'd be interested to see some photos of some of the ones you've brought up for sure!
I been collecting pics and names for many many years...don't have all the pics for every name....I have 107 names I have found and have been able to match them to 48 colors and patterns...the rest are multiple names given to the same colors and patterns......Lets give it awhile to see if we can get other people to join in with maybe other names and colors ...this site is seen world wide...I'm sure other colors are out there we have not seen yet....

I have contacts for 26 color patterns though breeders in the US....I have 18 at my farm right now....in the process of bringing that number down to 8 and then just 5 or 6 by late summer 2013.....The whole research project was to find the best Coturnix for meat and egg production...(dual purpose)...I have the 5 that meet that goal for my farm ....I only need one color to finish the last project...That should be completed by summer....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom