Unique Coturnix quail Colors

was just showing that there is two different mutations of color...that could match that pic....have no idea from pick on link which one it is either....just had two e-mails from people saying they were all the same color...lavendar...blue....silver...bleu...charcoal...twilight....just wanted to post the research articles on the two different views....didn't mean to muddy the waters...just trying to make them a little clearer...with over 100 call names we know some colors have multiple names given over the years...with the Roux plumage having the most I've found...14 found...for years I was calling it the wrong name till I found the historical name given when the mutation was discovered...
This is why a group of breeders and researchers are working so hard to try and clear up the confusion over multiple names....

I look forward to getting my basic genes understood lol. not to the level the article went into it. just as a mater of how many loci there are and whats dominant or recessive etc... I think a lot of challenge happens because some people look at the gene and call it one thing, where as to me if its on a different base and looks differently it should be considered a different color.

Glad to add to the research! It does look like a beautiful bird, and now I'm tempted to go and buy some of those eggs.... not too far from me!

as a side note about the original topic, there appears to be multiple silvers, a couple blues and a couple charcoals :) Pictures to follow when I upload tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom