University of California Egg Study

Pics
YES!!!
Tell him this Ron!
Good Idea!

My place has had smoke from fires and very rarely ash. They are tracking where the eggs come from by count, city and strreet but not number.

The problem is that pretty much all of the State has had some fire close enough for smoke.

I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey. Anyone want to follow along?
Be VERY CAREFUL! The state of California finds contaminants and toxins in everything and then they outlaw them. I buy and use products all the time that have labels saying "the state of California has determined this product causes . . . ." and yet millions of Americans use those products every day.

This may be a way to find out who the chicken owners are so they can come confiscate your birds.

Be VERY CAREFUL! The state of California finds contaminants and toxins in everything and then they outlaw them. I buy and use products all the time that have labels saying "the state of California has determined this product causes . . . ." and yet millions of Americans use those products every day.

This may be a way to find out who the chicken owners are so they can come confiscate your birds.
University of California is not the State of California. UC has Autonomy from the State

That is from a labeling law from from the 1980s.

The irritating part is when I cannot get good rat poison! I blame the marijuana farmers for that one. The illegal grows were poisoning rats in the forest and then the rats caused secondary kill of wildlife

I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey. Anyone want to follow along?
Do you know how long they’re running this study?! I’d love to participate.:ya

They may have "autonomy" but if like other state universities they get their funding from the state and their board is appointed by the state and....
UC gets about 10% funding from the State.

I am not saying that the State legislature might do something though. UC does not make laws, rules or policies.

The way I look at it, it is better to have eggs from my backyard in the study because I know they are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom