Northeast Egg Washing Survey

Bridget99

Hatching
Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone! I already posted this in the diseases forum, but I thought it might be applicable here too.

I'm a student at URI working on a research project washing chicken eggs and testing for salmonella. We have created a survey to get an idea of how backyard chicken owners handle their flocks, and their eggs. We're only looking at northeast states: DE, VA, NJ, NY, PA, CT, MA, VT, NH, ME, and RI, so no need to take it if you live elsewhere. Any responses will be very helpful! Below is the disclaimer and the link to the survey.
The Department of Animal Science at the University of Rhode Island is conducting a survey of small-scale and backyard chicken owners to obtain information about the prevalence egg-laying hens in the Northeast and common egg handling practices. Results from the surveys will be used to develop common best practices for small-scale and backyard chickens and design further research studies to address management challenges. Each survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete and you must be 18 years or older to participate. There are no known risks, benefits or compensation. If you have questions about the study, at any time feel free to contact Dr. Becky Sartini at 401-874-2667 or [email protected]. This research has been approved by The University of Rhode Island Institutional Review Board

The confidential online survey can be accessed here: https://uribus.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1MsY7ZG2JUhk2gJ

Thank you all so much!

Bridget

Back
Top Bottom