Unknown stage of incubation...

Thank you so much for putting your time aside to help :) It looks as though the chick is between 15 to 20 days. So will have to narrow it down. If I wait until I start to hear chirping in the incubator and then stop turning will that effect the chick? Would hate to stop turning too early or too late
i would stop turning early, early in incubation turning is VERY important but not as much in the last 7+ days, at first sign of internal pip, up the humidity to the 70-75% range

Good luck!! and keep us posted

Pea eggs can be very difficult to hatch with lots of variables according to geographic location and weather conditions. I would advise putting the egg under a chicken hen if possible. Humidity is the hardest part of hatching peachicks, if it isn't low enough the chick will not loose enough moisture and the chick will not have enough room to swing its head and chip its way out. I use 55% in the incubator and 75%+ in the hatcher.

Thankyou so much for your help. Since I dont have an automatic incubator and it doesnt read the humidity I'm unsure what it is. But it has a water level that i keep it at while hatching chickens and have a good hatch rate. But since peachicks are different I just put the egg under my silver campine to try and hatch for me since she is already on eggs. Will just keep an eye on the peachick so I can take it away so she can continue to sit on her other eggs. Lets hope the chick is still viable :)

welcome-byc.gif

Thankyou so much for your help. Since I dont have an automatic incubator and it doesnt read the humidity I'm unsure what it is. But it has a water level that i keep it at while hatching chickens and have a good hatch rate. But since peachicks are different I just put the egg under my silver campine to try and hatch for me since she is already on eggs. Will just keep an eye on the peachick so I can take it away so she can continue to sit on her other eggs. Lets hope the chick is still viable :)

That is great you have a broody hen! Who knows, they might all hatch about the same time or you can slip the peachick back under her when the chicks hatch.

Could you see movement when you candled the egg?

Back
Top Bottom