UPCOMING MINNESOTA POULTRY SWAPS These are for 2009- all over with!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahaha! Told you the van would be loaded by the time you left
lau.gif

There is a swap at the new london feed warehouse ,Virginia minnesota oct. 11 sunday 9am -2pm ,you will have to google it to get directions .

There is a show in Hutchison Oct 23 24 25, not a swap per say, but they will have a for sale section. Mind you that this is a show, so most birds for sale will be pure bred. My dad is going, he's taking quite few Grey Japs and Black Japs, also Rosecomb White Leghorn Bantams. Maybe a few Seramas.

Anyone going to New Ulm this weekend?

I really wanted to go.... I need a nice Mille Fleur d'Uccle roo.

I'd love to find a few more Mottled d'Uccles, too.

Unfortunately, both my son and I have the Green Martian Death Flu, and we should not go anywhere we can infect other people.

Let me know if you're going...

Katie

I'll be in New Ulm too. 78 birds entered in the show total...20 of them silkies under my 4-H kid and another 24 silkies in my name. Just taking a 15 minute break for dinner now....gotta finish bathing the white silkies and all those dang standard cochins today yet. Got the ducks and geese caught last night and wrestled bands on them. Did I mention that my mom even entered 6 turkeys in the show...

I will not be going, I wanted to but it's just not in the finances to make the trip there.
sad.png

Hope you feel better soon Katie
hugs.gif

Ohh Btw how are peanut and the girls and how is dragon doing with the newbies?

Last edited:
There is an auction in Pierz this weekend, hoofed stock on Friday, birds, rabbits and misc. on Saturday. $7 seating charge on Friday, $8 on Saturday.

Rachel -

Peanut, Dragon, Sugar, and Spice are all doing well. They get along quite well, and no real fighting between Dragon and Peanut.... I am hoping that means I can put all 4 into 1 breeding pen for the winter.

The 2 little Seramas are in the pen in my bedroom, along with the baby d'Uccles, the silver pencil frizzle, the silkies from the other swap, and 1 bantam cochin who got trapped under a box, and needs a few days of TLC and warmth. The little silkie/polish is a funny, scrappy little thing.

Katie

Katie-
I am sure if they get along now you can house the 4 together. Peanuts a pretty laid back roo, always has been but a squeaky lil stinker. I have had bernie and whitey together since I got them at 3 months old and have had very minor issues with them. Once in a blue moon bernie will run up to whitey and kick him, whitey runs away. Glad to hear they are all doing fine. This cold snap really took me by surprise and now i am in winter panic mode trying to keep alll the chicks running aruond with their mamas nice and toasty without costing me an arm and a leg. Hope the young pair are getting lots of hands on to tame them down a bit. That roo I got is a freaking nutcase but the hens are sweet. Few more months of squeezing the crud out of him outta straighten him out lol JK about the squeezing part. Hope you and your son are feeling better, nothing worse then the nasty flu bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom