Updated photos to see what is what =)

CluckyCluck

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 4, 2012
So here are some of my babies that I bought 2 months ago. Here's what I'm trying to figure out.

The barred rock, I'm pretty sure is a rooster. However, he's also growing really fast, or my other birds are growing really slow. He's two weeks younger than the black and white one are, yet has caught up to them in size.

I really believe it's a boy, but you tell me.

First day home.

One week later below

4 weeks later below

His Angry Bird Face.

Also wanting to check on the black bird above. I'm not sure still what breed she is - I thought it was a boy and hoped for a girl, but now I really do think it will be a girl cause the comb doesnt seem to be growing but...I suck at this.

Finally - I just got this girl??? today! She is adorable - she really is a she right? And what breed might she be? Supposed to be about 12-14 weeks old.

Thanks in advance! =)

Black one is a mixed pullet, Barred Rock is a Roo, Delaware is a Pullet, and the last is a Roo, almost looks like an EE

Well, I would say your barred rock is a boy for sure. He's got the thicker white bars that boys get and he legs look pretty thick compared to your other birds. Plus, that comb ;)

Your black bird looks girly to me :)

And your last one...well...that tail looks really rooster-y to me, and the legs look kinda big...but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will have a different opinion? Not sure on breed so hopefully someone else comes along that can tell you.

Black one is a mixed pullet, Barred Rock is a Roo, Delaware is a Pullet, and the last is a Roo, almost looks like an EE
I am SO happy to think my black one is a girl - it's a very sweet chicken. Julie, the Delaware - I always could tell with her - another sweet one. The barred rock is - very forward - but very lovable - I'm scared when he gets in my face though. I dont want him pecking my eyes!

I'm sad you think the last one is a rooster. Very sad about that. :(

Well, I would say your barred rock is a boy for sure. He's got the thicker white bars that boys get and he legs look pretty thick compared to your other birds. Plus, that comb
wink.png

Your black bird looks girly to me
smile.png

And your last one...well...that tail looks really rooster-y to me, and the legs look kinda big...but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will have a different opinion? Not sure on breed so hopefully someone else comes along that can tell you.
I thought the same thing about the tail on the last one. I kept asking the boy....are you sure??? You really think it's a girl??? He was pretty sure and it looked girly compared to the roosters that were in there - but it could just be because it's younger.

Booooo to the roo!!!!

Tomorrow I'll be getting one barred rock pullet and one buff orp pullet and I'm complete.

But the roo has to go - I will only keep the barred rock roo - cause he's freeking awesome.

****, I was really hoping this would be a girl.

Take that new little rooster right back to where you got it. If they sold it as a pullet they need to return your money or get you a female bird.

Back
Top Bottom