Urgent! Duck acting weird?

Has the breach been taken care of? if the attack happened in the living space they may still be suffering from PTSD. How is this one duck acting now?

Yes, they used to free-range all day but now we only let them out if someone else is out to supervise. Which they don't like, but it's better than having another one taken. That duckie is back to normal, but I keep an eye on her since she is so quiet I wouldn't know if she got stuck somewhere.

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal For sure they may not like having to be supervised but it's for their protection so it has to be done. Good for you for seeing it. I use to let mine out of the fence to forage some and I would sit out with them but the chickens would go up into the woods and we are getting coyotes closer and closer so I don't let mine out any longer they do have half acre fenced so they have plenty of space to do their thing. We have to do what's best for them.

Everyone is happy, doing great. You'd never know something so distressing ever happened. They wander off without me and then I freak myself out until I find them again :D It's kind of hard to believe something would attack them in the middle of the day but I guess so. Haven't seen the fox since. Also they're going through a molt (2 of them don't have wings right now) so the decreased egg production may be a result of that.

Thank you everyone for your support!

-abraeri

First off I am very sorry for your loss.
We have been having Hawks all over the past week or so. My ducks let me know when they are about. I keep my laundry room window open always. They will run and hide under the back porch. They have all been sidish the past few days. Do to the fact that our male Turkey and two ducks are in our backroom recovering from surgery.
I would bring her in if she is that scared. It may be a great relaxing time for both of you.
I find too it's a great way to imprint more and bond with eachother as well.

Back
Top Bottom