Urgent!!! Help needed!!!

ChickenHeartedHen

Ameraucanas 🐓
Feb 3, 2023
New Mexico
So we gave our girls a permethrin bath today to treat mites. They were acting weird after, losing their balance and not moving much. I thought they seemed shocked, and gave them some time. It’s been a few hours, and our silkie is still off balanced, and is acting rather strange. We followed all the directions, their heads were not submerged, and I don’t know what to do! Please help…

What did you use, picture? Did you read the instructions? Why did you "bathe" them?
How old are they? Did you blow dry them off? They maybe chilled or in shock ... Keep them warm and in a ventilated area.

I've never heard of "bathing" in permethrin .... It's normally a spray that you mist chickens with and spray down the coop area. I have a neighbor kid that recently did that (bathe), sorry to say his full grown Roo died, hope it's not the case of your birds.

the mites have gotten really bad in our coop. We did research, and decided on bathing them in it. We got a 5 gallon bucket and put 5 ounces of it into it along with some warm water. We placed them in, head above water, and rubbed it in their feathers. After, we dried them off and misted it on the places we missed. They are teetering and seem to be falling over. I don’t know what to do at this point…

Back
Top Bottom