Urgent - How do I get fly tape off my chicken?

amyc

Songster
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Jefferson, Wisconsin
I have a 20 week old salmon faverolle who got a roll of fly tape stuck to her and I'm wondering what's the best way to get it off? Maybe soap and water, or should I try to cut it out?

Its still pretty sticky yet - I just put it up this afternoon.

Thanks!

Peanut butter gets chewing gum out of kid's hear, may it would work.....Be care of anything not edible if it should cause problems.....Oil though might help.... like vegetable oil....

Good luck!

Be blessed and be a blessing.

Rubbing alcohol will disolve most any sticky surface...
wink.png

Going to search for some WD 40 and rubbing alcohol and get the bathtub ready....

Leave it to my chickens to get caught in the fly tape that was hanging 5 feet off the floor!

ETA: I don't have it in their coop - it was in the storage/rabbit area that I left open while feeding tonight.

Last edited:
This is so funny,
lau.gif
Not to be laughing at you, but I got into a big panic with mine and she had the thing wrapped around her two weeks ago with one of my 6 mo old white leghorn. I put her in kitchen sink and used dishwashing liquid straight on the spot and rinsed with water. It worked!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Freaked me out at first though, now I'm laughing about it....

Looking back, when she was running she also had a plastic bag stuck to the tape, it was pretty comical!

Back
Top Bottom