Vancouver Island, BC Breeders??

I got my chickens from Fort Steele just outside Cranbrook. I figured I would "help out the local heritage town" I bought 16 chickens from them in total and 8 were roosters... so we processed 6 rooster now I am on the hunt for Marans and olive/easter eggers

Wow!! Quadra! Small world!!

As for marans, I see briarwood is selling them but them seem a bit costly; maybe thats normal though for fancy breeds??

Quote:
Hey Caat, is this in response to my email? I don't want to hijack katie's thread. I'm not sure about how it works on here but on some sites the Moderaters discourage hijacking. Do you want to PM or email?

the mods here are great! not that I want to hijack anyone's thread either
smile.png
I was just stating where I got my first batch of chickens from
big_smile.png
. Jess I nvr got your e-mail... Katie, hope you find what you are looking for :)

Wow!! Quadra! Small world!!

As for marans, I see briarwood is selling them but them seem a bit costly; maybe thats normal though for fancy breeds??

Hi there!

We have several types of marans, but do have quite a waitlist for our hatching eggs. We keep our prices the same as nearly everyone else that breeds marans (and other breeds) in Canada. There is one person who has less expensive hatching eggs, in Victoria, however the chance of getting show quality chickens from their flocks is quite low. I have had success in showing my lines, and I'm really happy with the size and color of the eggs I get, as well as the conformation of the adult birds.
I just hatched a few black copper marans chicks and have some available. You can email us through the website: briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com and I can give you a package price if you buy all 7 of them.

If anyone has any questions about our farm or the lines that we breed by all means please contact me!

Your closest poultry suppliers are Black Creek Farm and Feed (Black Creek) and Shar-Kare (Cambell River). Shar-Kare only offers two heritage breeds at the moment, but Black Creek Farm and Feed orders from Rochester in Alberta and they have quite a good selection that can be ordered if you can take 25 chicks at a time. If you actually want to meet the breeder there's a hobby farm in Fanny Bay (not sure if they offer chicks right now) and Briarwood Poultry in Mill Bay, they have Copper Marans (gorgeous!) and olive eggers. Roadtrip anyone?

I know this thread is old but hey it's so nice to see some islanders!

One of my friends has a small back yard flock and just lost one of her hens. I am looking to find her 2 barred rock or Columbia rock hens.

Anyone have any for sale or know someone who does? We are near Nanaimo :)

Back
Top Bottom