Vancouver WA: Americauna roo and "mate" to sell or trade

alycoop

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver WA
It appears that the two Americauna chicks I bought the first week of June is a Roo and a hen. They have been together since I purchased them and they act like a couple. I had them separate from my older girls and now the hen follows the roo everywhere and he protects her so I am reluctant to separate them. Obviously the hen is not laying yet - I expect she will in early October.

I can't have roosters in my area otherwise I'd love to keep them. I don't think the hen will fare well on her own with the other hens as they already chase her and try to peck her. The roo has been her "protector". Is that common in chicken land? The roo is white with brownish streaks and tufts near the ears. The hen is copper brown with darker brown streaks.

Is anyone out there interested in them? I'd like to trade for a hen that's ready to lay in the next month or so but mostly I'd like to see them go to a place they would be cared for. They've been raised on medicated food, are now on "triple-duty", and they share a night-time coop with my other hens but are in a large run during the day. I am in Vancouver WA.

Back
Top Bottom