variety of hens all not laying :he

chloemama

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Northern Rhode Island
barnie.gif
Hi All,

Haven't posted in a really long time...but I am stumped.

I have 8 different hens and a Welsummer rooster. About a month ago they all stopped laying. Across the board- some olted very little, the rooster is finally getting his feathers back.
I checked them all, clean vents, no mites/lice, nest boxes are clean, feed the same, etc etc. I have also added the light to the coop for more 'daylight'.
barnie.gif
:barnie
I can not think of any reason for ALL of them to just stop.

Any ideas??

I have the following hens -
black astrolorp, welsummer, white cochin, golden laced cochin, barnevelder, domonique, silver laced wyndotte and a light brahma - our rooster is also a welsummer.

Thank you so much!

How long has the light been on? It took my BR a couple of weeks to have a consistent timer on the light for her to start laying again.

Also, how old are they? Pullets in their first year usually lay though winter, but older hens usually take it off.

I have my birds put up in the barn pens for the winter and each one of my pens has a light and I never turn the lights off they stay on at all time when I moved them from outside to the inside it took them a couple weeks to get adjusted to the move but now I cant keep up with the eggs they are putting them down daily. hang in there and give them a little more time to finish the moult and keep the light on and they should go back to laying also how old are they That makes a difference......

Back
Top Bottom