vaulted skull silkies?

i am fairly new to silkies & keep reading about silkies haveing vaulted skulls, can someone explain what this means or have a photo of one vaulted & one not.
There's nothing wrong with it, you only have to care a little more, so others don't pick at it or prevent bumps in the head
Vaulted skulls can be a little ugly to watch at the bugging, but the skull will close with times. Actually in my experience, the vaulted ones have more puffiness that non vaulted.
The picture it's from my most recent vaulted skull silkie at 5 weeks old (2 days ago, lol)
IMG_20210422_191912.jpg
… the puffiness in this one is beautiful!!

I have a mixed bantam pen. None of my silkues or showgirls have vaulted skulls. I have hatched several silkie chicks recently with vaulted skulls. I assumed that one of my polish roos must have bred them before we got the polish pen up and running. But from what I read here I guess the pair if silkies could have had the gene for the vaulted skull. My polish rooster died. I was hoping these chicks may have been his offspring. So what are the chances if getting a silkue chuck with a vaulted skull from silkie parents with no vault?

Back
Top Bottom