Vent Gleet 7 days Treatment not working

Hello, thanks for your response. Ive attached a pic of this evening before I washed her.

Shes finished her antibiotics and anti inflammatorys today and finishes her coxoid and worming tomorrow. I dont fully believe its vent gleet due to the lack of odour but I have never had a chicken with vent gleet before. Its probably what you said about the urates. Shes so lively and does not seem unwell or like its bothering her at all. She runs around all day and is eating and drinking well. Is there a cure for this leaking? Shes due to go to the vet this week for the hormonal implant to stop her laying so was going to ask then if there is anything I can do. I am willing to try everything as she seems so well in her self but shes missing the other hens and when I do supervised visits eith the others, they see the dripping and try and peck her vent. I just dont know what this means long term for her.

Do you know why they leak urates after a prolapse?
There are chicken diapers that you can put on her to stop the others from pecking at it. Along the same line as a hen apron/saddle to protect hens from roosters over breeding them.

Back
Top Bottom