Vent prolapse

Oh, I am sorry for your loss. Did an egg get stuck like in the video, or did the intestines come out farther?
Thanks...no...i never found anything in there...no egg, no poopball, nothing...just soft flesh. She just kept pushing it out no matter how many times I pushed it in or how long I held it there. She was able to pass small poop sausages, and lots of white smudge, tho I think she must have been just emptying out everything in her intestines, cuz she never ate a bite of anything the whole time I had her in isolation...not even her most favorite treats...dried mealworms! I forced a few droppers of water into her each day, so she didnt completely dry up(she didnt even want water!), but I think she just starved herself to death. 😟 Maybe I should have forced a few feed pellets down her throat while I was at it with the calcium tablets??? ...but she just hated that so much, i didnt want to torture her any more than necessary to get the calcium into her. And i was hoping that if her intestines had a bit of a rest, she'd be able to hold her innerds in! Its hard to know if the benefits of your "help" outweigh the stress you're causing by trying to help. 😬 she was mostly calm except when I gave her the calcium and water...then she struggled some. 😒 I thought maybe rest was the best thing for her, but maybe not.... 🤷‍♀️ We can only do the best we know how, and let nature figure out the rest I guess!

Back
Top Bottom