VENTILATION page now up (in draft form, no pix yet)

patandchickens

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
OK, after contributing excessively
tongue.png
to a recent thread and reflecting on how a person can get tired of typing the same thing over and over, I have put together a personal page entitled "Patandchickens Big Ol' Ventilation Page; or, Go Out There And Cut More Holes In Your Coop! Now! Really Truly!". (Ok, so its formal page title is just "VENTILATION!")

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=1642-VENTILATION!

I will add photos, and prolly a bit more content, as time/children/weebly-slow-dialup-connection-to-Photobucket allow.

Feel free to comment (or criticize or complain
tongue.png
), but I hope that someone somewhere finds it useful when designing a first coop or troubleshooting an existing one.

P.S. I think I deserve some sort of brownie points, or at least brownie crumbs, here -- after writing all that out for the ventilation page, I thought "you know what, that would make a perfectly reasonable little magazine article I could sell somewhere; do I *really* want to put it here on BYC for free?" But I am doing just that anyhow. There, that's my good deed for the year, now I can be crabby and obnoxious and selfish for the whole next four months!

wink.png

Pat

Last edited:
Quote:
ROTFLMAO -- believe it or not, I did not even think of that. I truly did mean first-draft. I like your version better though (*you* are a genius!) and will have to find some way to work it in there
cool.png

Highly amused and feeling like an idiot
smile.png

Pat

Last edited:
Very nice article. You should put that in your signature for others to find.

I have also been following the 'other' ventilation treads and did note the vast amount of input and time you put in replying to all of the other threads. You seem very knowledgeable about this topic. This was a great idea and was well stated. It should clear up any confusion for others about draft vs ventilation.

That's very nice! I am going to print it up and put it in my chicken folder
smile.png

Last edited:
That's wonderful. Thanks for taking the time. I think we all need to spend at least as much time worrying about ventilation as we do about predator control; it's that important to the health of our flocks.

Orchidchick

Back
Top Bottom