Very confused over Muscovy girl

Gingernutt

Chirping
Apr 14, 2023
So my Muscovy Girl laid her first ever egg yesterday and then today she decided to lay 3 eggs. 2 within a few seconds between each other and another 4 hours later. I'm genuinely concerned as I have read than its normal for 1 egg a day and rare for 2.

is this normal for first time layer? I have given her extra calcium, vitamins and minerals.

I have never heard of this -- she definitely need the extra calcium. I would increase her protein, too, until she settles down to 1 egg a day
She got the extra calcium and protein but she seems happy and is following me around and being very clingy. She only had 1 very large egg today, so since Christmas day (25th) I got a total of 8 eggs from her now.

So my Muscovy Girl laid her first ever egg yesterday and then today she decided to lay 3 eggs. 2 within a few seconds between each other and another 4 hours later. I'm genuinely concerned as I have read than its normal for 1 egg a day and rare for 2.

is this normal for first time layer? I have given her extra calcium, vitamins and

is this normal for first time layer? I have given her extra calcium, vitamins and minerals.
We have 2 female Muscovy ducks. When they started laying eggs we were averaging 5 eggs a day. I’m not sure if that’s normal since I’m new to Muscovy ducks. Hopefully this helps.

Nope, that is not normal . I have had Muscovy since 2004 and have never had any of them give me more than 1 egg each a day when they are laying, are you sure you didn't just miss them they are really good at hiding them.

:welcome

Nope, that is not normal . I have had Muscovy since 2004 and have never had any of them give me more than 1 egg each a day when they are laying, are you sure you didn't just miss them they are really good at hiding them.

They only laid eggs in their coop. They like to bury them in their bedding. We open the coop to check everything everyday.

They only laid eggs in their coop. They like to bury them in their bedding. We open the coop to check everything everyday.
make sure they have extra calcium in the form of oyster shell laying that many eggs in a day they can get depleated pretty easy. Put the oyster shell close to their feed bowl but not in it. Since she has just started to lay hopefully her body will regulate and she'll begin to lay 1 a day like normal.

She has calmed down with excessive laying and just giving 1 a day now. She got a nesting box in the garage alone as she was my only girl and didn't want my boys to ambush her. Got a few more girls now but got them in quarantine.

That's Nutmeg in her nesting box.

Attachments

• 20231227_103307.jpg
    20231227_103307.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom