VERY SICK CHICKEN!!!!

I am sorry to say that Bell Pepper, the silver laced Wyandotte, has died. We will miss her bit I am glad we ended her suffering.
I am so sorry that Bell Pepper has passed. I really hope your heavy heart can heal soon.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear that she passed - the longer they have been ill, the more likely they won't survive without treatment. It sounds like she really could not have been helped. Are you other birds doing well - keep an eye on them in case she was contagious.

Thank you so much for all your help and support! I have already cleaned everything in the coop, so the rest of the chickens will not catch the sickness. Before I has 4, but now I have 3. I have a Light Brahma, buff Orpington, and Partridge Plymouth Rock. They are all healthy, but is there anything I can do to make sure they don't catch sickness like Bell pepper did? Thanks -gabby

I know! But it is easier to know that I have ended her suffering. I have three other healthy chickens so it also helps me when I miss her
Reply for @gander007

Last edited:
Thank you for your comfort. I have been sad as Bell Pepper was such a good hen but I am glad her suffering is over. I have 3 other chickens too, so it isn't too hard. But thx very much!

[COLOR=333333]:welcome [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know.  Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)!  The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions!  There is always something new to learn!  Glad to have you here!  See you around with the flock.  [/COLOR]I am sorry.  Try posting this in the emergencies forum.

Okay thank you! I will remember to check that section out if I need help again! -gabby

Back
Top Bottom