Oui je connais le "crossing-over " je l'ai rencontré dans l'élevage de canaris
De plus il me semble que la mutation Peach proviendrait d'un t El croisement
Excusez moi pouvez traduire Because je suis pressé

Bonjour Garden
Vous avez été longtemps absent
Oui je connais le "crossing-over " je l'ai rencontré dans l'élevage de canaris
De plus il me semble que la mutation Peach proviendrait d'un t El croisement
Excusez moi pouvez traduire Because je suis pressé

Allô Jacky, priez de m'excuser, suis très pressé avec les choses de ma famille. J'ai encore des jeunes chez moi, malgré être vielle
roll.png

@AugeredIn , Jack says he is familiar with crossing over, having encountered it in breeding canaries. And that peach provides such an example as well.

Now, my first question for both of you is, there seems to be so much confusion about these colors that I'm wondering if we can have a clearer basis for the discussion? Although it may be that this discussion is fundamental to clarifying the situation
hu.gif

Jacky, il y a tant de confusion sur ces couleurs je me demande si c'est possible de fait claire ce qu'on discute? Mais je connais que ce peut être doit discuter pour clarifier...

It seems to me that there is much confusion over the colors variously called "purple" and "violet/violete/violette." There is a color in the US which we commonly call "purple" -- a few days ago, @connerhills (post #42) mentioned two different groups of purples, one lighter, one darker. And we are discussing a European "violet" and then George has his spectacular Sonja's violette... It is just about impossible to tell whether we are talking about birds even with the same colors
he.gif
(and let's not forget sun bleaching and fading!)

And that's all before we get into discussions about photoshopping of bird pictures, which complicates figuring these things out, and which seems to have rendered the discussion of these colors on the French forum into a literal free for all -- not something that I would care to participate in here
smack.gif
I started trying to wade through all the posts on the French forum, but haven't had time to finish yet. But quite the tiff.

Anyone have any idea how many "purple" and "violet" colors are actually out there? Or is the question itself wrong? Is it that the cross over is replicating genetic code in such a way that some birds just end up with more copies, which changes the appearance or intensifies it or mutes it?

I'm going to send this now, and translate my questions next post.

Okay, here's the last part of that last post in French, more or less, with a certain amount of Google translate and overriding of the Google version...

Il me semble qu'il ya beaucoup de confusion sur les couleurs diversement appelés «pourpre» et «violettes / Violete / violette." Il ya une couleur aux États-Unis que nous appelons communément «pourpre» - Il ya quelques jours,connerhills (post # 42) ont mentionné deux groupes différents de violets, une plus légers, une plus sombre. Et nous discutons d'un "violet" européenne, puis George a son spectaculaire violette de Sonja... Ce est à peu près impossible de dire si nous parlons oiseaux avec les mêmes couleurs (et ne oublions pas le blanchiment de soleil et à la décoloration! )

Et c'est tout avant d'entrer dans des discussions sur photoshopping d'images d'oiseaux, ce qui complique figurant ces choses, et qui semble avoir rendu la discussion de ces couleurs sur le forum français dans un littéral gratuit pour tous - pas quelque chose que je aurais soin de participer à ici: smack je ai commencé à essayer de parcourir tous les messages sur le forum français, mais ne ai pas eu le temps de finir encore. Mais bien au tiff.

Quelqu'un a t-il une idée du nombre et de couleurs "violet", "violet" sont en fait là-bas? Ou est la question elle-même ne va pas? Est-ce que la croix sur la réplication est le code génétique d'une manière telle que certains oiseaux juste finissent avec plus de copies, qui modifient l'aspect ou se intensifie ou coupe-il?

A cross over is something that doesn't happen every day!
Only the nature decides!

The problem is not that I do not want to create a sex-linked mutation.
A breeder says from another breeder: "this breeder is not selling pure violet peacocks because he mixes purple peacocks and violet peacocks" .
If mates a male Purple with a female Violet ( two mutations sex-linked) all the peahens will be purple and all the males will be blue split purple and split violet.
No bird with a color between purple and violet!

Dany, I am not sure about your statement "all the males will be blue split purple and split violet" -- that depends, I think, on how the crossing over works, and what the "purple" and "violet" genes turn out to be, which I'm not sure is entirely clear.

I am quite confused by your last statement "no bird with a color between purple and violet!" -- what are you trying to say? And if this is shorthand for some genetic rule to which you are referring, then how does one account for peach? Of course, we must always think about both phenotype AND genotype...

And are you actually referring to something "a breeder" has said or has quoted someone else as saying? If so, please tell us who?
caf.gif

We do NOT need to commence the sort of angry cross-postings, belittling responses and ill-tempered accusations which have been flying back and forth over on the French forum. It is much easier to keep things above board and civil if we cite our sources (be specific about who said what) and give them a chance to weigh in, just in case things have gotten mistranslated or confused. Posting links to sources and always attributing photos to their proprietors or at a minimum, to the place where the photo was found, helps prevent confusion, misunderstanding and misattribution as well as head off unnecessary and unsupported accusations.

Civility, decency and mutual respect will go a long way towards furthering everyone's understanding.

Bonsoir Garden Peas
Je vais essayé de résumer rapidement les discussions à propos du Violet
Les pourpres (Purple) en Europe proviennent certainement des USA ou cette mutation serait apparue vers 1980
Je possède des pourpre acheté il y a 3 Ans á un éleveur Portuguais
Cet automne j'ai acheté un couple de Violet á un éleveur Allemand (Lorenz Husterer) qui peu être considéré comme le "père du violet (pourpre purple Européen "
Il y a peu de différences entre Purple américain et Purple Européen
Donc j'ai proposé une video qui explique ces différences
Vous avez pu suivre sur le french forum les nombreuses discussions que cette video á engendré
Je viens d'apprendre grâce à Connerhills qu'aux USA il existerait 2 groupes de Purple des clairs et des foncés
Ceci voudrait donc dire que les purple foncés made in USA correspondrait au Purple (violet) Européen
Depuis longtemps je pensais qu'il y avait comme chez les perruches un simple facteur violet et un double facteur violet
Que pense nos amis Américains de cette réflexion !!!
Excusez moi pour ce post en Français ??

Bonsoir Garden Peas
Je vais essayé de résumer rapidement les discussions à propos du Violet
Les pourpres (Purple) en Europe proviennent certainement des USA ou cette mutation serait apparue vers 1980
Je possède des pourpre acheté il y a 3 Ans á un éleveur Portuguais
Cet automne j'ai acheté un couple de Violet á un éleveur Allemand (Lorenz Husterer) qui peu être considéré comme le "père du violet (pourpre purple Européen "
Il y a peu de différences entre Purple américain et Purple Européen
Donc j'ai proposé une video qui explique ces différences
Vous avez pu suivre sur le french forum les nombreuses discussions que cette video á engendré
Je viens d'apprendre grâce à Connerhills qu'aux USA il existerait 2 groupes de Purple des clairs et des foncés
Ceci voudrait donc dire que les purple foncés made in USA correspondrait au Purple (violet) Européen
Depuis longtemps je pensais qu'il y avait comme chez les perruches un simple facteur violet et un double facteur violet
Que pense nos amis Américains de cette réflexion !!!
Excusez moi pour ce post en Français ??

Merci Jacky -- c'est plus facile pour moi a traduire les postes francais qu'a mettre mes mots en francais
wink.png
Plus facile à lire qu'ecrire !
wink.png
En anglais:

In English, with my apologies for any errors in translation, which are sheerly my own, since I quite disregarded Google on this one.

In French, Jacky said:

I will try to quickly summarize the (French forum) discussions concerning the color violet/purple.

The purples (Purple) in Europe definitely originated in the USA, where this mutation appeared around 1980. I have three Purples purchased three years ago from a Portugese breeder. This past Fall, I purchased a pair of Violet birds from a German breeder, Lorenz Husterer, who could be considered the father of the European purple (violet).

There are small differences between the American Purple and the European Purple, which is why I put up a video explaining the differences. You are able to follow on the French forum the numerous discussions which ensued from (were engendered by) this video.

I have now learned, thanks to @connerhills that in the USA, there exist two groups of purples, light and dark. This would mean that the dark purple USA birds correspond with the European Purple (violet) birds.

For a long time, I have thought that as in parakeets, there were single and double factor purples.

What do our American friends think of this notion?

Excuse me for posting in French.

Jacky, that is interesting. I had not managed to correlate the light birds and the dark birds across the ocean. But I am still confused as to where @connerhills ' Sonja's violettes fit in?

That said, it seems to me that the notion of single and double factor purples is an interesting one and could be correct, though I'm a bit unclear how that would work in a sex-linked gene...

Jacky, c'est très intéressant. Je n'ai pas pu correler les oiseaux clairs et fonces à travers l'océan. Mais je reste toujours perplexe comment résoudre les violettes de Sonja? Ou sont-ils?

Ça disant, il me semble que vos idée concernant les pourpres simple et double facteur est interessante et peut avoir raison. Je ne comprends bien comment ça marche avec une gene liee au sexe.

If you could take a picture for a purple peacock standing next to violete peacock this would be great, and will help us a lot here.

A cross over is something that doesn't happen every day!
Only the nature decides!

The problem is not that I do not want to create a sex-linked mutation.
A breeder says from another breeder: "this breeder is not selling pure violet peacocks because he mixes purple peacocks and violet peacocks" .
If mates a male Purple with a female Violet ( two mutations sex-linked) all the peahens will be purple and all the males will be blue split purple and split violet.
No bird with a color between purple and violet!
Actually cross over occurs frequently. It is not just a one in a million concept like natural spontaneous mutation. What makes it mean something when it happens is the location at which the chromosomes swap. Imagine a stick that is a foot long. If I force a break, most of the time it will break near the center. Occasionally, very occasionally it will break near the ends. The mutations for purple and cameo appear at different locations on the male chromosomes. Most likely they are close together however. Thus when crossover occurs it is unlikely that the chromosome will break at just the right point to put purple and cameo on the same recombined chromosome and make peach.

Back
Top Bottom