Violete Peafowl

Yes, Dany12, it is entirely possible that there are multiple shades of purple.

It is also entirely possible there are multiple shades of other colors. I am pretty certain that peach comes in multiple flavors due to different cross over events.

Sooner or later you will get a mutation in green birds.
This discussion is so far over my head, I've drowned.

Isn't it more likely that the numerous "shades" of the colors are due to modifiers rather than having different genes?

Isn't it more likely that the numerous "shades" of the colors are due to modifiers rather than having different genes?
Its not different genes as in one got replaced by another. It is a defect or mutation of the genes. So you get a mutation that occurs that causes a bird to be purple. Once purple exists, it is just as likely that the purple bird will mutate to another color just like IB mutated to purple.

Its not different genes as in one got replaced by another. It is a defect or mutation of the genes. So you get a mutation that occurs that causes a bird to be purple. Once purple exists, it is just as likely that the purple bird will mutate to another color just like IB mutated to purple.
But in Europe it's a Blue peacock who's mutate to another color of the purple family.
So, a Blue peacock can mutate in purple color and another Blue peacock can mutate in a violet color .
This has happened in other colors?

Back
Top Bottom