Virgin Chicken owner...the beginning of the journey!

Those tiny little coups are so cute but unrealistic for full grown chickens. My husband has been trying to talk me into a similar one but I have 16 birds that are 6 weeks old and 5 that are 3 weeks old. No way they would fit. Maybe now but only for a very short time my 5 tiny ones would fit. It would be a good temporary house for new chicks or a broody hen and her hatched chicks.

Yeah it's going to have to be modified soon, that's for sure!! Also the bottom is hard to clean underneath the closed area!

Yeah it's going to have to be modified soon, that's for sure!! Also the bottom is hard to clean underneath the closed area!

When I modified mine I put wood under it and vinyl flooring so it's super easy to clean out! I had that same issue when I first got it, if you gut the inside like I did you will definitely be able to fit all six of your Girls in there

That's a great idea! Do you use new vinyl every time or? Where did you get the vinyl?
When I modified mine I put wood under it and vinyl flooring so it's super easy to clean out! I had that same issue when I first got it, if you gut the inside like I did you will definitely be able to fit all six of your Girls in there

That's a great idea! Do you use new vinyl every time or? Where did you get the vinyl?

I live in North Carolina, I got vainly squares with adhesive that looks like wood floors from family dollar, a pack of 20 of them was $10 I got two packs with some extra squares left over. No, I put them down on the wood permanently and then use wood shavings or hay on top and just change out the hay once a week.. It's easy to clean! And if there is poop on the vinyl just scrape it off with a scrape tool, I can take pics of the bottom floor of the coop so yo can see

Well guys... I think my little amelia has pendulous crop.
1f622.png
she's my best girl...the most tame and the one I saved. Hoping I'm wrong....

I've done what I can for her.... What I've read to try. I've tried massaging her to get her to throw up in case of sour crop but nothing happens. She basically falls asleep.
I read to put a little baking soda in the water and watch what they eat carefully so I'll do that and have been watching what they eat. Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom