Vitamin deficiency

Chickmom96

Chirping
Mar 9, 2021
My 5 month old baby has splay legs. She didn't always have them, she only started having problems about a month ago. I brought her in and kept her secluded for about a week thinking it was a broken leg because it was just one in the beginning. I noticed another chicken from her same batch getting a crooked tail. These two have always been smaller than the others. I discovered it was probably vitamin deficiency when her neck start going crooked. I got selenium and vitamin E gel and started them on that. Her legs aren't getting any better and now she has been panting and laying down most of the day. She eats and drinks and chats with her sister I brought in with her to treat her crooked tail. Her legs are getting worse and I'm not sure it's just a vitamin deficiency. The other's crooked tail has gotten a little better but I stopped the selenium after 5 days because I was afraid of giving them too much. The one with the crooked tail doesn't have any of the symptoms of the other. Anyone have an idea what it could be? TIA and sorry it's so long ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20231011_153554011.jpg
    IMG_20231011_153554011.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20231011_153529100.jpg
    IMG_20231011_153529100.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231011_153442302.jpg
    IMG_20231011_153442302.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 6
My 5 month old baby has splay legs. She didn't always have them, she only started having problems about a month ago. I brought her in and kept her secluded for about a week thinking it was a broken leg because it was just one in the beginning. I noticed another chicken from her same batch getting a crooked tail. These two have always been smaller than the others. I discovered it was probably vitamin deficiency when her neck start going crooked. I got selenium and vitamin E gel and started them on that. Her legs aren't getting any better and now she has been panting and laying down most of the day. She eats and drinks and chats with her sister I brought in with her to treat her crooked tail. Her legs are getting worse and I'm not sure it's just a vitamin deficiency. The other's crooked tail has gotten a little better but I stopped the selenium after 5 days because I was afraid of giving them too much. The one with the crooked tail doesn't have any of the symptoms of the other. Anyone have an idea what it could be? TIA and sorry it's so long ☺️
it’s not splay legs it’s the genetic mutation bone inwards growth this shows by her age
rickets can say
try giving her calcium supplements along with vitamin e , selenium

Thank you! Would poultry cell work? I've given her that the last 2 days and how long should I do the selenium for?

Back
Top Bottom