Waiting on a McMurray order of chicks....worried

32 total chicks, mix of Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, White Rocks,and Delawares. I wish I would get a scan. It is possible they would be here in the am, but without a scan I have no idea...

I just had 10 chicks shipped that took three days and all arrived fine. I had electrolytes in their water for the fist day and they are all doing great. Last time I ordered Ihad one ccasualty. I hope they arrive soon and healthy.

We just received 3 chicks from them today through their Texas ranch. A 2 day journey with just 3 birds and everyone is a-okay. Mine are 4-weeks though, but only twice the size of a hatchling chick. We were worried sick too since we're all the way in SC and had heard of chicks being dead on arrival. Thankfully all of mine are fine, so I'm sure yours will be too, and with so many babies I'm sure that even in a bad circumstance of dead chicks, you'll have plenty living ones. Just give them some save-a-chick when they get home so it'll help relieve their stress.
Congrats on the babies and I wish you and them the best!

Oh and don't forget to call your post office if they're being shipped there. We called ours and they made sure to notify us as soon as they came in. Good thing because they actually showed up a day earlier than planned.

Last edited:
well we have a bunch of beautiful chicks. 2 DOA. 1 has an injured leg. But the others look great. Kind of staggerey like they need to lay down and rest. Gave them all a sip of sugar water. Then mixed up the blue grow gel I ordered from McMurray that came with them. So far I'm pleased considering the long trip. :)

Glad they arrived safely! Next time order from Meyers Hatchery - I'm not saying they are better - but they are in Polk OH and would have been a much shorter trip for you.

Back
Top Bottom