Wandering Guinea

Mine think they're chickens lol ;) They wander, but no further than the chickens do...just higher in the trees and on too of the coop.... They roost at night with the chickens, and luckily none hit in the road.... But I have seen a few in the road... In various stages of "life"... Only one deceased, but I drive slow, otherwise I can see where the others might have been hit...

I only keep 4 though, mostly for an alarm system for the chickens, so all 4 go out every day and they coop up at dusk on their own...

Yep. They are sure they are chickens :D

Mine think they're chickens lol
wink.png
They wander, but no further than the chickens do...just higher in the trees and on too of the coop.... They roost at night with the chickens, and luckily none hit in the road.... But I have seen a few in the road... In various stages of "life"... Only one deceased, but I drive slow, otherwise I can see where the others might have been hit...

I only keep 4 though, mostly for an alarm system for the chickens, so all 4 go out every day and they coop up at dusk on their own...

Yep. They are sure they are chickens
big_smile.png

You do not have normal Guineas!

It does not matter how slow I drive, it is the other 800 cars a day that go by on the road that clip them. My Chickens never go as far as the road. The guineas and chickens do not hang out together except for the nights the guineas allow me to lock them in the coop.

You do not have normal Guineas!

It does not matter how slow I drive, it is the other 800 cars a day that go by on the road that clip them. My Chickens never go as far as the road.   The guineas and chickens do not hang out together except for the nights the guineas allow me to lock them in the coop.

I know ha-ha ;)

I knew something was wrong with them when my 9 year old daughter can just pick them up like nothing... But they HATE me... I actually WANT them to explore more, but they are content in the garden... I suppose next spring the female might try to wander to nest...

Weird for sure :D

I read on here somewhere, you are better off trying to gather and hatch eggs than let them sit on them. I read they were bad mothers and most young died.

I have no idea if I did normal on my hatch rate but I think I hatched around 30-40% is all on them. BUT I have 40 of them I think for next year.

Back
Top Bottom