Want Cattle Dog, Border Collie, or mix pup Spring '10

Joz

Songster
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
MidCity, New Orleans
Hey y'all... I'm hoping to get a smart puppy sometime next spring. I figure it's none to early to start hunting down breeders and get to know them and the parents.

I thought I'd seen at least one ACD breeder on here.... ???

Yes, I'm also keeping tabs on rescues and PetFinder.

Thank you.
smile.png

Australian Cattle Dogs are amazing. My Jessie is a White Shepherd/ACD cross and she's brilliant, not to mention gorgeous:

3451167258_3472942a64_m.jpg

Good luck finding one! Trust me, a Border Collie just can't measure up to a good ACD - if you have kids around, be careful though. When Jessie gets too playful, she goes at the 9-year-old's legs and brings her down
tongue.png

I absolutely LOVE my ACD and wouldn't change another dog for her! She's been absolutely awesome!

A BYC member named Buster breads the ACD's and ships them to you.

These dogs aren't meant for everyone though. They are very energetic and have to have a job so they don't get into trouble. If you don't keep them busy, they will find things to do on their own. Those things are usually the things you don't want them to do!

Here's my 7 month old ACD, Bindi when we were hiking the beginning of August. Once she found the water, I couldn't hardly get her told hold still long enough to get a picture. Bindi has also been tubbing down the Dan River with us! She's 100% water dog!
smile.png

7910_dsc04164.jpg

ACD's are amazing but not a breed for everybody. They are independent thinkers, tiresome and loyal.
Jessie is gorgeous and she knows it
wink.png

Below is my Mattie from Vashon Island, Washington.
26477_mattie2008.jpg

I love the breed and have had about five ACD's in my lifetime. I will never get another type of dog.

Check out Youtube for a video about a ACD called Skidboot.

Below my Red ACD, Snoopy, who I rescued from the SPCA, I am her sixth owner, why she was passed around I have no idea. She is so sweet and smart.
26477_dsc_0220.jpg

This is Sydney. She's 5. Very smart. Great camping dog. Haven't tried her with the birds yet. She goes out to the coop but we don't let her in or them out if she's around. She does the same thing with my 9 yo son when they are playing. She doesn't mean to hurt, she's just doing what she was bred to do. They need room to run. (We have 80 acres) If we had known when we bought her what a good dog she'd be we would've bought one of her litter mates so she'd have company when we're away.
And Mattie up above looks so much like Syd-her mask is just on the other eye. Oh and you can't tell in this pic but she has no tail. Our breeder docks them soon after birth.
22744_106_0626_edited.jpg

Last edited:
So... y'all HAVE ACDs, and I appreciate the photos and thoughts... but who BREEDS them? I need breeder contacts, so I can find one for myself.
smile.png

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom