Sponsored Post Want to treat your chicken to something tasty?

I have seen the Happy Hen treats in TSC. I haven't personally bought them, because I am working on my own mealworm farm, but I can't wait to see their reactions when I have enough to feed them!!

As for other treats:

Bread (the heels that we don't eat)
Leftover anything: Corn, noodles (spaghetti, elbow, penne, anything), green beans, oatmeal, rice (an all time favorite!!), anything that got left out too long by accident.

LOL, As a matter of fact, I just got done feeding out two heels! All I have to do is shake the bread bag and I've got their attention!!

Rob, the two white silkies, April and Alana, need to find new homes. I'm afraid the Green String Farm owner wants to eliminate all in that pen. He already had all the free range chickens I bought slaughtered when I was away this week.

I'll have to start looking for Happy Hen Treats....

Treats I give my chickens are:
Rice
Pasta (they looove spaghetti)
Bread crumbs
Sunflower seeds
Yogurt (plain)

Last edited:
Mine love the mealworms, live or freeze-dried.

I also treat them by hand-feeding old fashioned oatmeal (dry). They also go crazy over shredded mozzarella cheese! Both are great hand-fed treats.

Two or three times a week, I hang a head of cabbage on a cord tied to a shepherd's hook and let the poultry have at it. I call it "Tether Cabbage."

Such a great story! The Easter bunny brought my daughter silkies, cochins, americaunas, and 1 rhode island red chick. She just adores them all. They are so sweet and friendly. What a smart easter bunny too, he brought Mealworm Frenzy in the basket with the chicks. They go B-A-N-A-N-A-S for them! These little darlings jump right into our hands, especially the Rhodey.

Just got three pullets nine weeks old, a couple RIRs and a leghorn.
They hadn't had alot of human contact and where weary of me.
I threw them a couple meal worms and they went nuts the Rhodes where eating out of my hand
and wanting to jump in my lap. The leghorn was alittle afraid of my hand
still but equally as excited about their new treat.

Cheers
Fresh

Back
Top Bottom