Wanted eggs for:GL Cochins (bandtam oor GL Wyandottes? SP wyandottes?

Halloweena

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Iowa
One of my neighbors has been ogling my chickens and would like to get someof her own. She has admired my wyandottes and my little GL cochin. Anyone have eggs for these guys? They don't need to be show quality, they're just backyard pets.

I'm in Iowa.

Ro

Anyone know of where I could get some good quality Standard Gold Laced Cochin eggs once the weather cools off?? Looking for something I might possibly be able to show or breed show stock from.

Thanks
Theresa

Yes, I just hatched a bunch of GL standard cochins from Estancia Arizona (BYC username). They are absolutely gorgeous with heavy feather feet and are already typey at only 2 weeks of age. I only had one clear egg from about 2 dozen that I got from Don...very high fertility and 87% hatch rate on shipped eggs.

I think in my post above...which I just saw...that I said they were bantam cochins. They're not...they are standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have GL Cochins in bantam size. They are my father's really but I could ask him if I could have a few more eggs to ship to you once they started laying good again. I have just hatched out some of their chicks and have more eggs in the bator. Or if you wanted to wait and were close to the Quad City area I could probably sale you a few chicks.

Back
Top Bottom